Sponsored

Vargas Stage 2 Owners

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
Rebellious, yes. Stupid, no. Well, I don't think I'm stupid. At least I don't think I'm as stupid as my wife said when I told her I was trading my Accord for a Mustang (I believe she said "effing stupid," as in, "Are you effing stupid?" which she said rather loudly, and which is way out of line in my opinion).

Then again, I got to drive my "daily driver" Mustang 35 miles to work in two inches of snow today. Seems like I remember it being a lot less stressful in my Accord. Maybe my wife knows something I don't...

Nah!
Funny.:brokenheart:

Your wife like mine..:cheers:

Snow drifting is fun done in a good way.. Can I say stud's
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Snow drifting is fun done in a good way.. Can I say stud's
Agreed, with good tires, and in low boost mode, the stang is fine in the snow. This pic is after 20 minutes of digging mine out in the Italian Alps.
Snow Stang.jpg

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Back on topic though, I have a VS2+ tuned by Tune+ and have only good things to say about both. I am truly sorry about thier falling out but I wasn't there and can't say who was at fault. For a long time, Vargas was the ONLY option for a stock location turbo and competition is great for us as consumers. Proof will be in the pudding as they say and we will need to see results of these two turbos on a Dyno before making a judgement.

Unfortunately I didn't get my turbo installed in time for my Dyno appointment back in August but will get one in this spring.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
Probably off topic, but what made you change out the VS for the precision unit? Just fear of it blowing and taking the motor with it?

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Back on topic though, I have a VS2+ tuned by Tune+ and have only good things to say about both. I am truly sorry about thier falling out but I wasn't there and can't say who was at fault.
I second that comment, as VS2+ and Tune+ tune on 91 Oct + WMI got me through the summer in the Phoenix area. Ambient temperature can go up to 120F during peak summer days, which translates to charge temp of ~150F in stop-and-go traffic.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Mostly I wanted more power.
Did you ever get a dyno run on the VS2?
I'm super curious to hear your thoughts and see your results on the precision unit. If your mods are similar to mine we can do a true unbiased comparison.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
There would be no drama without the drama from the tuner. The Stage 2 is a great turbo, ive had a few of them on my car and have had zero issues. This turbo as any turbo cant make any power without a good tuner. With a poor tuner you will get excuses and drama, with a poor turbo performing turbo the engine simply wont make power, and this has not been the case with the Vargas Stage 2s, ive run 10.50s at 128 mph at 3745 lbs
I definitely respect your opinion and views on things. But in the end you really are the ONLY one who's had results to the claims vargas has made and ran any kind of good ET with the turbos. I've always wondered how much peak boost you made on your runs if you are willing to share that.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I definitely respect your opinion and views on things. But in the end you really are the ONLY one who's had results to the claims vargas has made and ran any kind of good ET with the turbos. I've always wondered how much peak boost you made on your runs if you are willing to share that.
Post 424 I would say about the same mate:cheers:

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I dont talk about anything tuning wise that Lund Racing does to the car, but clearly its a lot of boost. One thing to everyone with one of these turbos, or these cars for that matter is no car goes real fast with simple bolt ons, it still takes a real racer to keep working at making it fast, its a lot of work. Ive been racing for well over 30 years, I never quit, if I dont see the results I feel are capable of a part, I change it out, or work on it or at it.
Sponsored