Yet another Indy 500 convert

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I just installed these yesterday in 285/35/19 on 19x10 wheels from www.oewheelsllc.com. These will be my street wheels so I can free up my Forgestar c5 18x10 for sticky track tires. I have only driven the car a few miles, but so far, they seem good.

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
They are a great tire - just hoping Firestone doesn't catch on otherwise we'll see a price increase... Then again, maybe they should catch on because we might have some more tire sizes to choose from. In any case I've had zero issues with mine and they feel the same today compared to first day on. Summer heat and winter rain - never once made my car feel unstable.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They are a great tire - just hoping Firestone doesn't catch on otherwise we'll see a price increase... Then again, maybe they should catch on because we might have some more tire sizes to choose from. In any case I've had zero issues with mine and they feel the same today compared to first day on. Summer heat and winter rain - never once made my car feel unstable.
They better catch on...or else we will have more sizing issues!

With that said, its been down in the teens this week and they have performed flawlessly.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I spent most of my drive home sideways getting the mould release goo off off mine last weekend. Drove it yesterday and they seemed better.

OP
OP

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
What pressure are you guys running in these tires? Installer put mine at 37. Seems high.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
How old are these model tires? Looks like 285 is the max width I see. I'll need a decent street tire and these are very inexpensive!
Came out in 2016.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm curious to know what other tires you guys have tried that have switched to these. What are these comparable to performance wise?

TIA

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious to know what other tires you guys have tried that have switched to these. What are these comparable to performance wise?

TIA
They're not very far off a Super Sport and are a lot cheaper. I'd pick these for a daily summer tire over the Michelins. For the track, no. They'll handle it, but are really meant for being an excellent summer street tire. Great in the rain, perfectly fine in cool weather, and sticky in the dry. I say this all as someone who loves the super sport.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Actually its the name "firestone" that has made them so cheap, if they had maintained them as the Bridgestone (owns Firestone) RE003 you'd be paying a lot more for them.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
How old are these model tires? Looks like 285 is the max width I see. I'll need a decent street tire and these are very inexpensive!
Prior to putting Nitto 555G2's on my car I tried to get Indy 285/305 set up. Finding Indy 305's was not easy and they wanted me to pay shipping. I now have Nitto tires and am well happy.

Sponsored

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I have them as well. Love them so far. Much better than the Pzeros that came with the car. And for the $, unbeatable.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White