machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Meh ����*♂ 755 just feels like a nice start..maybe even 775... if ford is considering dodge a threat now and wants to be close to the demon
I'm sure if ford wanted to beat the demon it would. I think Ford has bowties in their minds.
also, you can double a engines HP output with 15 lbs boost.
In the alum8nator 5.2 cpc makes 570 so it can make 1140 on 15 psi and the 2650 supercharger is capable of making 15lbs boost.
it's capable, but Ford won't put that into it. They have to worry about durrabilty, heat (a big one for trsck car) and EPA.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think you're close Zombo.

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If "our man" says it's over 800hp......over 800hp it will be :thumbsup:
I hope it gets certified at those levels. would be nice to skip the 700s all together.

Sponsored

OP
OP
machsmith

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm wondering if Ford will bring something like a key offering.
normal for track and about 750hp and then an all out key for drag and high HP...8xx...
that would be cool.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
I'm wondering if Ford will bring something like a key offering.
normal for track and about 750hp and then an all out key for drag and high HP...8xx...
that would be cool.
Think I read somewhere certain Porsche models can produce extra boost for a short time period. Not sure if something like that could be done with a supercharger.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I love the whole track key idea. Didn't they do that with one of the previous models? I know the hell cat as it. I thought Ford did it first?

Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Think I read somewhere certain Porsche models can produce extra boost for a short time period. Not sure if something like that could be done with a supercharger.
In our case it may be an over rev function. The earlier 500s had it.

If redline is 7, a temporary 7500 can be run at the strip for example.

If this supercharer system has bypassing, then we could have overboosting.

Think 2013+ Audi 3L supercharged cars. A simple tune could get them from 333 to 400 just from boost increase. This is NOT replacing for a smaller pulley either.

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
If "our man" says it's over 800hp......over 800hp it will be :thumbsup:
"It roars with greater than 8/7 a Hellcat from 22 cups. It shifts with the speed of a related supercar. It has lightweight materials in unusual places. It has rear tires the size of the bearing that Captain Marko Ramius gave Jack Ryan when they had a torpedo chasing them. It has light brakes that fill wheels the size of huge pizzas. It uses some 'screws' to do some cool things."

Not sure if this line(s) was from ‘The BMacIL’ Identity, Supremacy or Ultimatum film...

:popcorn:

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Yes, superchargers can have transient overboost. The Miami (FPV's Coyote-based V8) had this. Power would go from the factory rated 450hp of the engine to about 520hp.

That motor had no intercooler and no tivct. With a tune it would easily go over 600hp. With all the efficiency improvements to the Coyote over the years plus the larger blower I don't have trouble believing predator can get over 800hp.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I say between the Hellcat and the Demon. Too few Demons will be produced for Ford to be overly concerned with beating it. The Hellcat is the one to take down. I just don't see ford jumping from 662 to 850 in one redesign. At some point you have to think about leaving something in the tank.
Sponsored