GT350 Throttle body SCT X4 Tune

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Hello everyone I have a question regarding my recently purchased GT350 throttle body and my X4 sct tuner for my 2016 GT PP.
I purchased a GT350 TB and JLT intake from a member on this forum, and got the adapter plate and tuner from LMR.
I installed both of them no problem but now im having issues with the car not running right, so I figured the problem was with the TB and reinstalled the stock one and it fixed my issue. But i still want to be able to use the GT350 TB.
I talked to SCT and they told me I require a custom tune for that TB, anyone else in-countered this problem? Is there a custom tune I can download? Do I just have to take it to a shop to have it programed?

Sorry for so many questions just looking t be pointed in the right direction.
Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
You need a specific tune from tuner to run the GT350 TB. From someone like Lund, AED, PBD. A couple of things though. The GT350 TB can be a little tricky to tune for. And it makes very little additional power even when paired with a GT 350 intake manifold.

Not sure it will do much for your setup, even with a tune.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Keep the TB and get a proper tune. AED is my suggestion. He has the best tune for it IMO.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Yep custom tune needed to run the GT350 TB. Not worth it in my opinion and people have had drivability issues...although I think most tuners have figured it out by now.

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
get rid of it

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AED will fix you up.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yep custom tune needed to run the GT350 TB. Not worth it in my opinion and people have had drivability issues...although I think most tuners have figured it out by now.
From what I've researched, Shaun from AED is the one tuner who has been able to get good power out of the GT350 TB without any divability issues. Some tuners such as Lund have openly stated tuning the GT350 TB is not a priority for them and never will be. They will tell you to keep the stock GT350 TB which is why you will see others repeat that statement.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
From what I've researched, Shaun from AED is the one tuner who has been able to get good power out of the GT350 TB without any divability issues. Some tuners such as Lund have openly stated tuning the GT350 TB is not a priority for them and never will be. They will tell you to keep the stock GT350 TB which is why you will see others repeat that statement.
I just got ordered a tune from lund.
Here is what they sent me as a disclaimer, because im not really seeing comments on here correspond with what Lund has said (at least to me)

"hank you for ordering with CJP and Lund

PLEASE read this disclaimer before we send a tune.

"Some" ( not all and not most) customers have mentioned some slight surging at low pedal and rpm. It's related to the OEM throttle body calibration and not so much the tune or actual manifold itself. We have tested using a stock throttle body with the manifold and it drives fine. The throttle is not doing anything for power on this setup. We have tested up to a 90mm on 11-14 coyotes and it picked up nothing. A 87mm TB isn't going to yield anything either. For now, we'd rather just have customers use the MMR adapter and run the stock TB with the GT350 mani.

This one - http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=26_27&products_id=837

If you're ok with that, please reply. Or if you want to use the MMR adapter, please let us know.

www.LundRacing.com"

I replied asking why does ford use the TB off the GT350 for the stage2, and mentioned i dont have the intake manifold:

"hank you Cody. I fully knew you were not using the intake manifold. I was disclaiming the throttle body just so you knew ahead of time. I think the disclaimer needs to be re written though as to me it throws people off. I think the issues is within the electronics of the throttle paired with the Coyote. The throttle body has the hi cups paired on a Coyote in general regardless of the manifold. Fords calibration is different. I dont know much about it though but I do know it is conservative

95% of the customers do not notice the hi cup. Its very hard to even find honestly. I think we have the best calibration on the market for it though
"

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I was told the same thing when I ordered my tune. To me it wasn't worth the hassle of having issues. Stock throttle body works fine for me.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Lund has stated that they lost power. Not sure why people insist on running this TB still when there are known issues and no gains.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lund has stated that they lost power. Not sure why people insist on running this TB still when there are known issues and no gains.
That only applies if you're getting a Lund tune. It's a tune issue, not a TB issue. Ford Performance and Shaun have gotten good power out of the GT350 TB without any drivability issues. If you're dead set on going with Lund, then I agree with you on staying with the stock TB.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Lund won't tune it. Gains are negligible over stock, even on boosted applications. I have the 350 IM, and I kept the stock throttle body

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Hs anyone run a lund tune with the GT350 TB?
Did you have issues?

Im currently going to give it a try, dont know if ill end up needing to pay for another tune and adapter or what but curious on other peoples experiences

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Thanks for all the feedback fellas. Sorry so late to get back on, had busy holidays
Sponsored