Dynamic Diode Switchback fell out

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
The bulb should click into place, the same way the factory bulb does. Our production team has to shave some material off of the actual base of the bulb itself to make the bulb a true 7444-sized bulb.

My apologies for the frustration, if you've ordered the Mustang-kit specifically, which comes with the 7444 bulbs, this should not be an issue.

If your bulb will not click in place, please call us for a replacement unit: (314) 205-3033

We will make sure you are taken care of!

Thank you,

Nick C.
Good looking out Nick, you guys have great customer service. I actually have all Diode Dynamic lighting EXCEPT for my switchbacks haha so this wasn't your guy's issue. I found your explanation video and saw the areas that needed to be sanded down and did it last night, they clicked right in after that. So thanks for that vid!
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Good looking out Nick, you guys have great customer service. I actually have all Diode Dynamic lighting EXCEPT for my switchbacks haha so this wasn't your guy's issue. I found your explanation video and saw the areas that needed to be sanded down and did it last night, they clicked right in after that. So thanks for that vid!
Ah, yes, well that would certainly explain why it fell out. I just wish the thread title didn't include our name, since we corrected this issue a very long time ago.

That issue will only occur with 7443-sized bulbs

Nick C.

SiRCaSTK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Just happened to me as well. I was able to fish the build out easily. I wrapped some electrical tape around it this time. Hope it stays in. For what it's worth, I ordered these not too long ago. Might have been the labor day sale. I would have to check to make sure

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just happened to me as well. I was able to fish the build out easily. I wrapped some electrical tape around it this time. Hope it stays in. For what it's worth, I ordered these not too long ago. Might have been the labor day sale. I would have to check to make sure
If you don't feel them click into place, please contact us: [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

Our production team modifies each bulb to ensure it fits the Mustang's turn signal socket properly.

Our biggest priority is making sure you are taken care of!

Nick C.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I ended up pulling mine out, no amount of tape would hold them in for anymore than a few months.

I got REALLY good at fishing the bastards out of the lens though.

Sponsored

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I returned my Diode Dynamics switch backs. I did use DD LED's for everything else and they work great. I purchased the Raxiom switch backs (who knows they could all be made by the same company) and i could see the improved joiner seam in the middle. Just to be on the safe side, I used heat shrink tubing to ensure the two pieces did not separate and they have never given me a problem.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
I ended up pulling mine out, no amount of tape would hold them in for anymore than a few months.

I got REALLY good at fishing the bastards out of the lens though.
All you have to do is sand down the housing a little bit and they should snap right in, maybe Nick could post their video that shows where they sand down

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
All you have to do is sand down the housing a little bit and they should snap right in, maybe Nick could post their video that shows where they sand down
[ame]

around 2 min. The base needs to be 1mm longer.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
How do we know if we have the revised bulb that fixed this issue? @DiodeDynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
How do we know if we have the revised bulb that fixed this issue? @DiodeDynamics
We addressed this over a year ago. The bases were redesigned and remolded to prevent this from happening.

With thousands of sets sold and very few reports of this old issue being reported, I'm confident that took care of it.

Easiest way to tell is to make sure it clicks into place securely when you are installing the bulbs.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
I ordered a pair blk Friday frm lethalperformance. Will check it out when I install

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I've had some quality issues with some of my Diode Dynamics lights, but their customer service is the absolute best and has always 110% resolved my issues.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
They're probably mad at me for bumping this thread, but for the record diode dynamics for LED & HID hands down. Hope your issues weren't too bad. I have the HID bulbs on me and my sis G35 for 2 yrs no prob

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
I purchased switchbacks and rear marker leds a few weeks back during your cybersale. One of my front switchbacks keeps falling out and I didn't notice either side actually clicking when inserted in the socket. I called DD and was told to try bending the switchback contacts out 45 degrees. I dont see how this will resolve the problem, but I'll give it a shot. Just letting you know the problem is still occuring.

We addressed this over a year ago. The bases were redesigned and remolded to prevent this from happening.

With thousands of sets sold and very few reports of this old issue being reported, I'm confident that took care of it.

Easiest way to tell is to make sure it clicks into place securely when you are installing the bulbs.

Thanks!
Nick C.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I got the DD switchbacks when they were first released. I just pulled them out to replace them with the DD front turn signals and never once had an issue with them.
Sponsored