Sponsored

FF tune users - who is satisfied with their tune?

Satisfied with FF tune?

• Yes - it's awesome!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes - but there are some drivability or other concerns

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No - the quirks of the tune outweigh the gains

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No - I do not trust it

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund FF.
Mods: 1 7/8" long tubes, PMAS, 3" cat back. Ran 94.9 MPH 1/8th, full weight.
No complaints whatsoever. Highly recommended.
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I wish I could get a FF Tune. No E85 here in NJ.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
AED tune process

For the AED guys, may I know what's the procedure to get the FF tune from Shaun?

Is it like this?
1) Install LU47 injectors --> upload base FF tune to car
2) Datalog on pump gas
3) Drain pump gas and fill with E85
4) Datalog on E85
5) Upload final FF tune to car

I'd like to know so I can fix my tight schedule. Dyno datalog takes time traveling to and from the shop and my house..

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Here are my logs of Lund's FF calibration on a dyno -

https://datazap.me/u/gh0st/12-3-dyno-day?log=0&data=1

It works OK I guess for a canned tune. Don't care for the fans being jacked up 5000% and the rear O2 sensors being disabled without even asking me if it's OK. Any revisions now require me pay them $50, but they did work with me during the first few months to try and get a JLT to work right with their FF. I'm on stock airbox now and shit out of luck on having fans fixed or O2 sensors turned on without paying them $50.

I paid some $200 more for flex fuel, probably wouldn't do it again as much as I love E85. I'm not sure what justifies the $200.

Only reason I went with them was I was too lazy to calibrate this car myself. Didn't feel like spending the time to trial/error.
Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I have considered getting HPtuners and doing it myself, just don't feel like shelling out the money or dedicating the time to it.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's what I thought. I am going to look into that because I'm going to have this car for awhile.

For me- if I do decide to go with Shaun at some point, would you recommend adding a GT350 manifold on top of the injectors? I don't race BUT I do enjoy the top RPM power and let it fly every once in a while.
Absolutely. GT350 Manifold / CAI / TB / Headers. Whole new car. I'm looking forward to adding the headers I bought to mine soon.

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For the AED guys, may I know what's the procedure to get the FF tune from Shaun?

Is it like this?
1) Install LU47 injectors --> upload base FF tune to car
2) Datalog on pump gas
3) Drain pump gas and fill with E85
4) Datalog on E85
5) Upload final FF tune to car

I'd like to know so I can fix my tight schedule. Dyno datalog takes time traveling to and from the shop and my house..
Yes, that's how it works. He has a list of things he wants logged and a process on how to log. He's very thorough. He usually gets you a final tune quickly from those two logs.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thats a pretty significant gain, equilivent to 20whp. Can you share time slips to compare? Thanks!

I had Shaun tune my 2012 for NA & Nitrous...they were awesone tunes and he was great to deal with. I went Lund because at the time Shaun wasnt tuning the 2015+ yet. Very happy Lund, dont know if I can justify switching right now.
I'd have to do some digging lol that was back in Oct last year, time flies!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I've been running Lund FF tune for a year now I guess/12k miles or so and probably 30+ tanks of Sheetz "E85". My car has run nothing but perfect. Only bolt on I have is a PMAS intake. Car pulls hard to redline.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am frustrated with Lunds customer service. Too much work. I've already paid an extra $50 for revisions because they didn't setup my FF tune right the first time. And now I guess it's been 3 months and all I wanted to was to dial down the shift pressure and now they want another $50.

When they originally sent me my FF tune, they didn't first send me a 93 octane tune to dial in my MAF curve, which I didn't even know at the time. So I was operating not knowing my FF tune wasn't calibrated correctly. I had to reach out to them to start the process over and pay $50. Still not happy with it.

The car is fast, but the drivability is eh. It's okay. Now they want another $50. I'm going to go with AED Shaun in the future and get my tune right the first time.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I plan to finally do a FF tune next spring. Looking for the best, naturally.

I assume AED sells a tuner with a base tune and you log from there? Or is it a dyno only tune? Didn't see much info on the website.

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I plan to finally do a FF tune next spring. Looking for the best, naturally.

I assume AED sells a tuner with a base tune and you log from there? Or is it a dyno only tune? Didn't see much info on the website.
He can sell you an SCT X4 and do a remote tune no problem.
Sponsored