Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I was going to, but then decided not to because it's aluminum, and I didn't want to wait for it to dry then adding the adhesion promoter right after that MMD supplies, just a bunch of chemicals mixing together haha. I say do it! You won't regret it, and if you change your mind in the future the holes you drill should work with other spoilers besides gt350r replicas
Well, I did it. Purchased it tonight, using AM's 15% discount before it went away.

You talked me into it! Haha :headbang: hopefully next week I can get the roof & mirrors wrapped, get my spacers on, and install the spoiler.
Sponsored

GrabberBlue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT performance Pack

Sponsored

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Installed the Diode Dynamics interior kit. Excuse the crappy pics, I didn't get the same angles.

Before:
24020798167_18b06b54bb_c.jpg

After:

38885640041_01ed805ccf_c.jpg

Install notes:

Map Light Housing: This was a bear to get off, very tight, took a lot of effort and I was certain something was going to break/crack. Finally got it off in one piece. The housing sagged and was loose when I put it back on. Took me a bit of time to figure out what the issue was. The metal clips had pulled up and came partially unseated during removal. I pressed these firmly down and re-seated - the housing snapped back in tight and flush.

Vanity Lights: My big hands and fingers were a problem in trying to remove the teeny little bulbs in tight spots. I removed the screw under each light cover that hold the mirrors on, easy access to the bulbs once mirrors are removed.

Trunk light: Be sure and pop the cover off from the driver side and then unplug the socket assembly. DD has a good install vid on this.

Glove box light: Not to difficult, remove old bulb with small flat head screwdriver. Grab the LED, contort your fingers and hope you get lucky. Took me a few tries.

Gott'r done without breaking anything and pleased with the results.
Hey, those look great. Did you get the stage 1 or 2 kit?

cjldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I was going to, but then decided not to because it's aluminum, and I didn't want to wait for it to dry then adding the adhesion promoter right after that MMD supplies, just a bunch of chemicals mixing together haha. I say do it! You won't regret it, and if you change your mind in the future the holes you drill should work with other spoilers besides gt350r replicas
I see you did the DD led conversion.. Was the Stage 2 kit a lot brighter than stock?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Picked up new rear tires from Walmart. Was originally going to buy Nitto G2’s but at $140 for the MPSS, it was a great deal. I’ll see if they process the $70 winter rebate to make this deal even better.
when did you get that deal? I checked last week when I saw it posted and they were over $300ea........

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Change the front end links...last night just before the snow started, didn't get much luckily. End links are great, my front ones were clunky and flopped like wet noodles. Sport mode steering now feels like sport mode which is also nice, because before it felt like there was no difference between that and normal.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Change the front end links...last night just before the snow started, didn't get much luckily. End links are great, my front ones were clunky and flopped like wet noodles. Sport mode steering now feels like sport mode which is also nice, because before it felt like there was no difference between that and normal.
What links did you change? With what parts? Steering guys want to know.

More info please!!!

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
What links did you change? With what parts? Steering guys want to know.

More info please!!!
I bought Whiteline adjustable front sway bar end links to replace the OEM toothpicks Ford puts in the car. Was originally planning on buying the BMR ones but I got these because they were a bit cheaper.

They're much beefier than the factory ones, and the ball joint is much more stout. When I took the OEM ones off you could flop them by just shaking them, so I would suggest to check yours if you have the factory ones. If you can move them with 2 fingers it would probably be a good idea to change them.

I wouldn't say they made a dramatic difference, but they definitely made the steering feel like it should. As in, it's more responsive. Old ones were probably shot since I got the car because I was never too impressed by the Sport setting on the steering wheel since it didn't make much difference. They also took care of some of the clunking I'd hear when going over bumps or turning into steeper driveways so that's always nice.

However I did also try the Sport setting in my friend's base GT and it also feels like mine did before so it could be the links are just crap and the bigger ones just take up some slack that the OEM ones have.

The steering itself takes more effort and its more noticeable at higher speeds like, 50MPH+ which feels exactly like it should for being in sport mode.

These are just my impressions, bear that in mind I don't go to any tracks, just daily street/highway driving. In any case whole job takes about an hour and a half from wheels off to wheels on and some beer in between.
Sponsored