Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I am not an expert on this, but I would really wonder what made the carrier bearing have the excessive runout. Was it this way from the start. (unlikely) Or, was there something else that was out of balance (like the DS) which wore out the carrier bearing? If you think there is still a vibration, then it may take its toll over time on the new rear axle assembly. I would make sure the DS is balanced, just to make sure.
Thanks for the advice but I've driven it all day and... it's worse than before they replaced the diff assy.

Did make another discovery though. I showed the plots from the NVH app to my friend who owns a driveshaft shop. He noticed that the software is picking up three different vibs at the same time: 1st order DS, 1.5 order Engine and 3rd order Tire. He suggested that there could be some coupling happening.

Anyone know about FL Lemon Law as it relates to CPO vehicles?
IMG_5530.jpg
Sponsored

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Anyone know about FL Lemon Law as it relates to CPO vehicles?
Yes, it doesn't apply unless you are the first owner. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt also :(

BBB Auto Line is your only hope, and the manager in Clearwater is about as worthless as they come. Spent 3 months arguing back and forth over a defective tail lamp lens, finally got another dealership to cover the part and haven't heard a word back from the Auto Line.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Update: important info for folks who want to put the balance masters loop on! I had my car up on the lift to see what would be involved with installing the balance loop. 1st of all i wasn't able to install it from the rear because the the diameter of the rear flange is 4.5” but the balance loop is only 3.5 “ the exact diameter of my ds. The rubber unit simply won't stretch enough to clear the flange. Now it will install from the front as its flange is smaller and it will fit over it. I was gonna do it this way then slide down to the rear where i want it to sit. My problem was I forgot about my stiffler ds loop is in the way of access to the front bolts of the ds flange. I am going to have disassemble the stifflers loop to get to the bolts. So if you don't have my loop it should be pretty easy to install. Of course if your into disassembling the yokes on your car you can get it on that way from the rear ...i will get it on the next time i have time to do it!

Last edited:

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Yes, it doesn't apply unless you are the first owner. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt also :(

BBB Auto Line is your only hope, and the manager in Clearwater is about as worthless as they come. Spent 3 months arguing back and forth over a defective tail lamp lens, finally got another dealership to cover the part and haven't heard a word back from the Auto Line.
Untitled.jpg

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think you put it on the shaft not the flange
I have the loop in my possession its not a split unit its a rubber loop filled with liquid silver that moves around. The clamp that goes over it splits so you have to fit it over Which ever end is easier and the front flange is smaller and the only way unless you decide to disassemble the rear yolk! Im convinced it will work just getting it on is the chore!

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the loop in my possession its not a split unit its a rubber loop filled with liquid silver that moves around. The clamp that goes over it splits so you have to fit it over Which ever end is easier and the front flange is smaller and the only way unless you decide to disassemble the rear yolk! Im convinced it will work just getting it on is the chore!
Make sure to post some pictures and installation details and overall results when you are done!
Cheers

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Update: important info for folks who want to put the balance masters loop on! I had my car up on the lift to see what would be involved with installing the balance loop. 1st of all i wasn't able to install it from the rear because the the diameter of the rear flange is 4.5” but the balance loop is only 3.5 “ the exact diameter of my ds. The rubber unit simply won't stretch enough to clear the flange. Now it will install from the front as its flange is smaller and it will fit over it. I was gonna do it this way then slide down to the rear where i want it to sit. My problem was I forgot about my stiffler ds loop is in the way of access to the front bolts of the ds flange. I am going to have disassemble the stifflers loop to get to the bolts. So if you don't have my loop it should be pretty easy to install. Of course if your into disassembling the yokes on your car you can get it on that way from the rear ...i will get it on the next time i have time to do it!
Do you have the 4.1/4 - 4.4/8 one? You think the next step up would fit the flange (I.e. 4.1/2 to 4.5/8) ?

Can’t wait to see your results. Plz let us know.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the 4.1/4 - 4.4/8 one? You think the next step up would fit the flange (I.e. 4.1/2 to 4.5/8) ?

Can’t wait to see your results. Plz let us know.
The big one but the front flange is easy just the 4 bolt flange that's smaller...I plan on putting it on over the front flange and slide it down to the rear..

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The big one but the front flange is easy just the 4 bolt flange that's smaller...I plan on putting it on over the front flange and slide it down to the rear..
Trying to picture doing that. Aren't these two piece drive shafts? So are you going to put it at the back of the front piece or is the connection between the two sections of drive shaft small enough for it to go over so you can get it to the back of the rear piece?

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to picture doing that. Aren't these two piece drive shafts? So are you going to put it at the back of the front piece or is the connection between the two sections of drive shaft small enough for it to go over so you can get it to the back of the rear piece?
Not mine its a 1 piece dynotech. I got rid of 95% of the vibes with shimming my x member 1/4”. I think this last step will perfect it! I imagine with the 2piece you would have to dismantle the rear yoke to get it on!

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Just ordered the shaft masters DS. After messing with the hose clamps and thinking I had it fixed all it seemed to do is move the vibration higher up in speed. It's prob a waste of $$$ but i guess I can sell it right? Don't think I'll be putting a new rear in it. At some point you have to cut your loss.
I'm officialy fed up. Ford won't mess with it since its lowered even tho that has nothing to do with it.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm eager to hear how the new DS does for you.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Just ordered the shaft masters DS.
Those guys are great to deal with, and will take the shaft back if it has vibe problems. You're just out the shipping.

barrykaye1001

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.discountpackagingdepot.com
First Name
Barry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Just ordered the shaft masters DS. After messing with the hose clamps and thinking I had it fixed all it seemed to do is move the vibration higher up in speed. It's prob a waste of $$$ but i guess I can sell it right? Don't think I'll be putting a new rear in it. At some point you have to cut your loss.
I'm officialy fed up. Ford won't mess with it since its lowered even tho that has nothing to do with it.
I’d be interested to hear if that works.

FWIW in talking to my DS repair buddy, the ends of the tranny and rear diff should be within 3 degrees of being on the same geometric plane. So if for example the tranny is pointing at 90 degrees, the end of the diff needs to be at or within 3 degrees of 270. They can be slightly offset from one another but if they are both pointing up, down or opposite each other it’s a no go. If you lowered the suspension, because of the IRS it’s possible that the geometry could have moved a bit which could cause a wobble vib.

Also, earlier in this thread, there’s a post from someone who had success with a Steeda subframe alignment kit.
Sponsored