Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I have problems with my Navi system. Today was my 4th visit to the dealer to try and fix it.

They acknowledge the problem (ive demonstrated it to them in the workshop) but it doesnt produce any fault codes on the Ford Computer (IDS?) so Ford HQ wont action any replacement parts or further investigation.

Because Ford wont pay the dealer theyve told me I cant go back with the problem.

Im totally flabbergasted. It would be funny if it werent so bloody annoying. Ford are just completely clueless.
Danger Capt! It's an endless stupidity loop, leave the area immediately! OMG Catch 22 at it's finest and they probably kept a straight face when they told you not to come back (having made you come back 4 times already). So...if you're motor blows up and makes a noise no one has ever heard before, it must mean your motor didn't blow up. That's good thing, right?
Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Just had my first service at the "upgraded" Portsmouth dealer (now a Ford Store). The booking service wanted me to go back to Eastleigh (a difference of 30 miles each way) but anywhere - ANYWHERE - can service the Mustang.

Anyway, they were great. A very nerve racking experience - one I hadn't thought would be, but when you're in there and every car is a knackered diesel Fiesta, it does make you wonder how much care will be taken of your own. Counter that at Audi or Porsche and the worry goes away - I guess because the cars are of a different breed? Hmm.. dunno.

Anyway, they walked me out, got me to check I was happy before letting me go. That was a nice touch.

Roll on another year. Maybe :)

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Just had my first service at the "upgraded" Portsmouth dealer (now a Ford Store). The booking service wanted me to go back to Eastleigh (a difference of 30 miles each way) but anywhere - ANYWHERE - can service the Mustang.

Anyway, they were great. A very nerve racking experience - one I hadn't thought would be, but when you're in there and every car is a knackered diesel Fiesta, it does make you wonder how much care will be taken of your own. Counter that at Audi or Porsche and the worry goes away - I guess because the cars are of a different breed? Hmm.. dunno.

Anyway, they walked me out, got me to check I was happy before letting me go. That was a nice touch.

Roll on another year. Maybe :)
I am still using Eastleigh, booked in for oil change next Friday (6 months old and 3955 on the clock) I don't really care as they will pay for it! Would look at Portsmouth but was not impressed when I went to look at buying from them some 18 months ago, hopefully they have changed!! Interested to see how they do as they are much nearer to me.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I am still using Eastleigh, booked in for oil change next Friday (6 months old and 3955 on the clock) I don't really care as they will pay for it! Would look at Portsmouth but was not impressed when I went to look at buying from them some 18 months ago, hopefully they have changed!! Interested to see how they do as they are much nearer to me.
I believe you can have your service done at the new “performance centre” don’t think there is any difference in cost

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Very different; the Kia side has its own building now and the Ford piece has been rebuilt. It's really nice. I was pleasantly surprised.

Sponsored

vikkic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Need for Green
When picking up my new GT a week ago from Allen Ford in Warwick, we noticed the bonnet pinch and some interior window trim sticking up. Arranged to take it back for them to look at and they sorted the interior trim while I waited, and had a go at aligning the bonnet. They needed longer to sort out the bonnet so booked it in for yesterday and now all good. Really pleased with the service, both for sales and for aftersales.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
When picking up my new GT a week ago from Allen Ford in Warwick, we noticed the bonnet pinch and some interior window trim sticking up. Arranged to take it back for them to look at and they sorted the interior trim while I waited, and had a go at aligning the bonnet. They needed longer to sort out the bonnet so booked it in for yesterday and now all good. Really pleased with the service, both for sales and for aftersales.
i'm going to fix my bonnet pinch at some point today. I'm almost certain i just need to play with the hood latches position and untighten it a bit as i may have done it back up too tight leading to the hood sitting too low.:lol:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
First service due?

Just had a message pop up at just over 4300miles and 6 months about changing engine oil soon. Just spoke to Sandicliffe and they’re quoting around £240 for the first service but do I just need them to change the oil or is this the warning for the first big service?

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Mine came on last week at 3,000 miles and 6 months, I just reset it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
actually very good, went in last week to get my timing cover leak fixed. Expectation was a sealant hole in the gasket. ford cleaned up the gasket and spotted that the leak was coming from a banjo bolt, they torqued it down, asked me to do some hard runs and come back (although seeing no point for it just yet as all seems fine down there) to check on it.

So alls good, as ever, I got some diamondbrite cleaning stuff, they seem to give me that everytime I'm there either for making their jobs easier, or refusing to have the car cleaned lol :lol:

Sponsored

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Picked up my GT today from the Ford garage having had some warranty work carried out that shouldn't have required it to leave site. Radio tuned to a different channel, (standard) 'track use only' accelerometer app open on dashboard and 5 more miles on the clock!

Not happy!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Picked up my GT today from the Ford garage having had some warranty work carried out that shouldn't have required it to leave site. Radio tuned to a different channel, (standard) 'track use only' accelerometer app open on dashboard and 5 more miles on the clock!

Not happy!
Ask to see their cctv. F’ing disgrace. Minimum extended warranty for any drivetrain items. Check rear tyres for line lock damage and 0-60 recorded times.

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Checked 0-60 timer, no evidence of use. Tyres were replaced for winters at same time so use of line lock will be difficult to prove, though I could look for fragments of rubber around wheel arches.

Wondered if there was a way of extracting data via the OBD II port? I have a wireless tool.

Also forgot to mention that all new tyres have been over inflated by about 3psi!
Sponsored