Sponsored

Whats your favorite jack stand?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That works well with the steeda jack rails.

Even though I have a lift and a rolling jack to lift the car off the runways, its too high to do the tire change and I hurt my back lifting the 65 lb fronts so I m going to try jack stands next time. Plus I think with jack stands I have the ability to have all 4 wheels off ground vs rolling jack on the 4 post lift will only work one side at a time (front/back).
Sponsored

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
you can actually jack up one side at a time to do this with no jack stands if you have a good jack, the chassis is damn stiff and with the jack rails put it under the middle under the door, i did this on my 2015 like every week.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Harbor freight aluminum. I have a general rule to avoid anything from HF where sudden catastrophic failure might injure me but everyone at the track has been using these things for years. 10x easier to move than steel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
THanks guys, I think esco is a good option.

I owned quickjack and I would call it quickjoke. I returned it right away and got a 4 post lift from bendpak instead. Quickjack was very unreliable, wouldnt lift evenly, welds were very bad quality, it would get stuck, etc. also as per bendpak, our cars are too low for quickjack to lift. When you put their smallest pads you have about half an inch of clearance. They told me it needs at least 1.5”-2” and said I would need to drive the car on large wood blocks before using it.

As for lifting one side with a jack, that works if you are not swapping wheels from left/right vice versa. Had to do that once I got a nail in my M5 and it was a pain in the rear with just jack.

I ll give esco a try, thanks again.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Harbor freight aluminum. I have a general rule to avoid anything from HF where sudden catastrophic failure might injure me but everyone at the track has been using these things for years. 10x easier to move than steel.
These are my favorite also - although I don't know that the saddle is particularly well adapted to the jacking rails of a GT350. They are pretty typical of most modern jack saddles.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Cheap and available.
No, no, no! :doh: I know of two people who went to the hospital after their car fell on them from using concrete blocks. One to them walks with a permanent limp now. You are gambling with your life when you use those things.

Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
^^^ Agree cinder-blocks are a bad idea for your survival.

I just bought these Aluminum jack stands from harbor freight. The construction looks top notch. I am excited to begin using them with my new BMR jacking rails.

Personally I will only use them for tasks that require the wheel to be off like brakes / rotors and light suspension work.

If there is any task that requires me to be under the car I will have it up on wheel cribs.

I got 3 kids, not worth risking it with any jack stand IMO.
image_21194.jpg

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
It was a joke. Nobody is that stupid-at least I hope not. But good/cheap enough to foster the term,"That car was up on blocks".

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That works well with the steeda jack rails.

Even though I have a lift and a rolling jack to lift the car off the runways, its too high to do the tire change and I hurt my back lifting the 65 lb fronts so I m going to try jack stands next time. Plus I think with jack stands I have the ability to have all 4 wheels off ground vs rolling jack on the 4 post lift will only work one side at a time (front/back).
I have one of these: http://ezcarlift.com/

As hokey as the website is, I've had it for more than 10 years and it works great. It lifts everything from my wife's BMW 3 series to the family Explorer for oil changes and wheel changes. As for working on the GT350, it changes everything when you can get all four wheels off the ground in about 2 minutes.

As for hurting your back, I know what that's like. For me, it's way easier to pick up and install a rim when the car's about 12 to 14 inches off the ground measured at the rocker panel, which is uncomfortably high with a jack, but easy with a lift. You don't have to bend over - you just pick the rim up by the spokes, bend your knees with your back straight and slip it over the studs. This makes a big difference for the Explorer where the steel rims and snowies weigh about 75 pounds.

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1