Sponsored

A real seat upgrade?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Not that it really applies to me because i cant see this being a justified expense any time soon:

I've seen people complaining nonstop about how the heat/ac in these chairs is pretty bad. My 2017 401a cooled seat is noticably worse than my 2015 200a cooled seat. Seems a bit firmer too not as cozy. I was always debating on getting the recaros as an option but i didnt want to lose out on the heated and cooled seats.

When are we going to get an aftermarket seat thats actually an upgrade. comfortable and supportive AND supports heat and cool from the pigtails?

Maybe i'm crazy or maybe it exists but i havent seen it.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
it doesnt

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You’re comparing a 2 year old broken-in seat to a new seat on a car with stiffer suspension. My recommendation is to give the car some time (free to do too) as far as your seat comfort is concerned.

Otherwise, look into a reupholster solution or engineer a way to implant the glorious BMW sport seats. The heating element on these seats will fry bacon too.

- Mike

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
I second that - the seats in my wifes X3 heat up FAST and provide uniform warmth on both bottom & back.

Otherwise, look into a reupholster solution or engineer a way to implant the glorious BMW sport seats. The heating element on these seats will fry bacon too.

- Mike

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
You’re comparing a 2 year old broken-in seat to a new seat on a car with stiffer suspension. My recommendation is to give the car some time (free to do too) as far as your seat comfort is concerned.

- Mike
My ecoboost also had a performance pack in it and I bought it new in May of 2016. Only drove it for 8 months... if that. Roughly about the same as the gt that I got June 17. There’s almost an equal amount of miles on the gt already so you have no argument here. My point wasn’t comparing 1 to the other but rather where are the after market solutions. How many people on this forum have complained about their Ac and heated seat? How many people bought that 3D printed “fix” for the ac and ripped their chair apart? Why should we have to choose betweeen recaros and heat/Ac.

I second that - the seats in my wifes X3 heat up FAST and provide uniform warmth on both bottom & back.

It would be pretty nice lol.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
My ecoboost also had a performance pack in it and I bought it new in May of 2016. Only drove it for 8 months... if that. Roughly about the same as the gt that I got June 17. There’s almost an equal amount of miles on the gt already so you have no argument here. My point wasn’t comparing 1 to the other but rather where are the after market solutions. How many people on this forum have complained about their Ac and heated seat? How many people bought that 3D printed “fix” for the ac and ripped their chair apart? Why should we have to choose betweeen recaros and heat/Ac.
Sorry if I struck a chord, I clearly made wrong assumptions. You are very passionate about seats; you should consider contacting Ford and petitioning improvements for the S650.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Sorry if I struck a chord, I clearly made wrong assumptions. You are very passionate about seats; you should consider contacting Ford and petitioning improvements for the S650.
No not at all. Even in the first post if you go back to it you’ll see I say something about how this won’t apply to myself. Anyway I’ve seen so many complaints and no solutions.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

- Mike
bmw heated seats have been known to catch on fire or cause burns on more then a handful of ocasisons. Use a bmw seat they said, it'll be fun they said....

I wouldn't put anything from a Bmw in my car, bmw can keep their junk in their junk car

Sincerely

A prior bmw master tech

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I don’t understand. The OP was inquisitive about solutions to get a warmer heated seat. How does installing a BMW seat, that ultimately catches fire, not resolve this issue?
The ac and comfort were bigger points but that was funny lol

Sponsored