Sponsored

9 Second full weight cars!

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
only 2 cars that i know off have pulled that off. leathal and panda everyone else stuck in the 10s

Watching the videos on Pandas car makes me question the direction I went with the suspension. I can't get my car to come close to dead hooking anything over 2500rpm. I don't know what he launches off the two step at, but the car leaves like an auto, no drama, not even a half a turn of the tire, the thing doesn't even bobble on the shift. Looks like he went 1.3 60's. :frusty: I'd love to know his suspension set-up.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well if your looking at new videos of his car I'm pretty sure he converter to an auto now

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Where’s all the 9 sec, full weight, STICK cars at ????
I was close but ran out of time .
10.03@144.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90222&page=2
This was also before I got my 2 step running(and no lift shift) ,trying to hold revs and leaving below 4000 with zero boost .

With the 2 step at 4500 rpm it builds up to 10 psi of boost but could not find any traction with the 26 slicks and Viking warrior shocks.

If I can get the 28 inch slicks to hook and I can get that 60 ft down to a 1.4x it should go 9.7-9.8 @144-148 mph even with the 3.31 rear end (2.66 first gear Magnum XL)

I will eventually swap to a 4.10 rear but still feel I can go 9's staying in 3rd gear with the 3.31 rear end.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Full weight car here. Only suspension mods were Eibach Pro kit springs and Viking Crusader shocks.

[ame]

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I'm going to give it a shot with a calimer g-force mt82. Should just need to get the car out of the hole and driver mod your way down the track. I think a lot of it is that many people are scared of grenading their trans. or just haven't built the car to be an efficient stick drag car.
Are the g-force mt82 transmissions available yet? Last I heard was that there was a wait on the billet gear set to be developed.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
After talking with him it comes down to driver mod really. he master the clutch and how to slip it perfect for tire combo etc. yes he also converted now to 6R80 he got smart lol

Watching the videos on Pandas car makes me question the direction I went with the suspension. I can't get my car to come close to dead hooking anything over 2500rpm. I don't know what he launches off the two step at, but the car leaves like an auto, no drama, not even a half a turn of the tire, the thing doesn't even bobble on the shift. Looks like he went 1.3 60's. :frusty: I'd love to know his suspension set-up.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Are the g-force mt82 transmissions available yet? Last I heard was that there was a wait on the billet gear set to be developed.

Not ready yet, but they are coming. Just clarified the spline count for clutch choices as I didn't want to get one and then find out it takes a 23. He said 23 & 26 will be available. I've seen the gears, may just be working out production and testing.:shrug:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I see all this BIG HP numbers you guys have in your sigs ? ..My best dyno pull was 660 HP and 518 TQ ... That was plenty to put me in the 9s ..

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Those TVS guys with a stock converter must be lucky as hell I grenades the stock converter with a Centri lol... anyway hopefully picking up some 28" Hoosiers this week from summit if 9s doesn't happen it better be 10.0-10.3 haha... stock cats!
I hope you have better luck on the 28 Hoosiers than I did... The Hoosiers turned my 9s second car into a slow assed 10 second car ..:frusty:

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I see all this BIG HP numbers you guys have in your sigs ? ..My best dyno pull was 660 HP and 518 TQ ... That was plenty to put me in the 9s ..
I am with you. My car has been inthe 9s multiple times and I doubt I am making much over 650 as well.
I've only made 2 quarter mile hits with the way my car is right now, both times were not very ideal track prep. Going to the track on saturday if the weather holds. Hopefully I can get a handle on what the car likes for tire pressure/shock adjustment and get a decent run in. Anything in the 9's this year before snow flies will be a win for me!

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I've only made 2 quarter mile hits with the way my car is right now, both times were not very ideal track prep. Going to the track on saturday if the weather holds. Hopefully I can get a handle on what the car likes for tire pressure/shock adjustment and get a decent run in. Anything in the 9's this year before snow flies will be a win for me!
It looks like you have what you need to hit the 9s. Good luck at the track.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I hope you have better luck on the 28 Hoosiers than I did... The Hoosiers turned my 9s second car into a slow assed 10 second car ..:frusty:
How much did the slicks slow u down,was it just from u could not get the slicks to hook or something else.Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to take off my slicks and put some drag radicals on.Im hoping that will be enough to put me in the 9's.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
How much did the slicks slow u down,was it just from u could not get the slicks to hook or something else.Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting ready to take off my slicks and put some drag radicals on.Im hoping that will be enough to put me in the 9's.
I could not get them to hook like my drag radials do ..
Sponsored