Mis-fire Cylinders - complete left bank

ITSMEPAUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
MAY 2016 GT production date.
52,000 kms

Top intake replacement required ( covered under warranty )
Apparently the replacement intake is the 4th revision in Canada ?????
Go figure.

Dealership mentioned that... if they had discovered a tune being inputted.
It would not have been covered by the warranty . Period
Unbelievable
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If a catastrophic failure is (or can be) attributed to a modification such as an aftermarket tune, Ford can deny the warranty claim 100%. There have been some members on here who have said their local Dealership had covered such a failure under warranty, but those having such luck are fewer than a handful.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I returned my mustang to "stock" when I brought it in for that issue. I had the JLT intake and bama tune. It randomly started bucking under light throttle and then the CELs came. I knew that they'd probably blame it on the intake and tune, so I took them off.

However, they can tell how many times the ecu has been flashed and determine that it was tuned. They didn't say anything about it and replaced the manifold.

Memphis9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Not sure under Canadian law, but under U.S. law the dealer would have been full of horse poop.

They can only deny warranty work, if the modification was directly responsible for the failure. At least under U.S. law, and I imagine Canada is same.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not sure under Canadian law, but under U.S. law the dealer would have been full of horse poop.

They can only deny warranty work, if the modification was directly responsible for the failure. At least under U.S. law, and I imagine Canada is same.
Well replacing the intake can be argued that it let too much debris into the intake manifold and jammed up the valves. Is it bullshit? Of course. If it goes to trial, will every judge see it that way? Probably not.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

WRONG. If you change the engine calibration, you are now responsible for any powertrain issues that occurs afterward. The manufacturer cannot possibly account for the changes that were made, and therefore it is YOUR responsibility to prove that YOUR modifications did not cause the failure. Good luck with that in court.
Sponsored