2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I think whats being said about this GT500 is it will be a jack of all trades, master of none. Personally, looking at it this way, i would rather have the 1 trick pony...just not a challenger or camaro.
For this, how about excellent handling car (read: track capable and very competent bone stock) that doesn't kill you on normal roads and could be used daily if desired, along with being able to slay pretty much anything in a straight line, rather than a hardcore laptimes-pursuit vehicle or a drag-only monster that is clumsy on the street.

Not that I'll be buying or could afford one of these. Engineering is good money but not that good. :lol:
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That good news. Too bad it won’t beat the Roush in skid pad though.
If you can afford this, you can afford some R compounds. Problem solved. You're treading wayyyy too far into bench racing dude.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
If you can afford this, you can afford some R compounds. Problem solved. You're treading wayyyy too far into bench racing dude.
Well I’ll be honest, I was trying to pry hahah. I’ve managed to get the fact it won’t have R comps.

So thanks for that.

Next somebody has to get some hp and engine details out of bmac. :cheers:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’ll be honest, I was trying to pry hahah. I’ve managed to get the fact it won’t have R comps.

So thanks for that.

Next somebody has to get some hp and engine details out of bmac. :cheers:
doge.jpg

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I hope they do just as they did with the 350R and forget aiming for the Z/28 and go for the Germans, Brits and Italians.

Dagum 1LE is intimidating as hell but on the street it’s a rough rider.

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Why not? Ultra firm springs and dampers aren't required for good or even great handling. The GT350/350R aren't that firm actually, particularly compared to the ZL1 1LE, and the handling of those is praised extensively.

The Roush is a tuner car. It's not even on Ford's radar. Anyone will be able to take a GT PP2 and throw a blower on it to achieve nearly the same thing. Ford's creation will definitely be more special.
I don't know why everyone gets so caught up in the spool valves, Mag ride is nearly as capable without any of the downside. I would bet the absolute biggest difference between the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE isn't dampers or aero, its the tires. I bet the ZL1 w/A10 and the 1LE tires would run laps 98-99% of the 1LE.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't know why everyone gets so caught up in the spool valves, Mag ride is nearly as capable without any of the downside. I would bet the absolute biggest difference between the ZL1 and ZL1 1LE isn't dampers or aero, its the tires. I bet the ZL1 w/A10 and the 1LE tires would run laps 98-99% of the 1LE.
You must not be familiar with aero. :lol:

That wing and splitter makes a HUGE difference. Easily second(S).

I'm not convinced the 1LE Good years are that much better than a Cup2.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Eagle F1 Supercar 3R - 100TW tire, slick with grooves, competes closest with Trofeo R

Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 180TW tire, competes closest with P Zero Corsa

SS 1LE gets the non-R Supercar 3, which is grippier than a PS4S, nearly to PSC2. Does well against RE71R even.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It has been a while now! That’s why it being supercharged seems so odd, it doesn’t take this long to develop an SC engine. I think we would all get it if they were developing a TT engine or AWD or something. But what I think many of us are expecting to be essentially a beefed up gt350 chassis, 5.2 SC engine and possibly a dct I’m not seeing why so long of a wait.
Designing a supercharged V8 doesn't take 2 years, but look at what Whipple had to do to accommodate a dual brick intercooler. They had to flip the entire supercharger upside down. As stated, Fords new PDI doesn't leave room for traditional root-type superchargers. The issue was clearance for the dual brick intercooler...

Hoping video is released soon, hearing the vehicle with end the supercharger debate.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
For this, how about excellent handling car (read: track capable and very competent bone stock) that doesn't kill you on normal roads and could be used daily if desired, along with being able to slay pretty much anything in a straight line, rather than a hardcore laptimes-pursuit vehicle or a drag-only monster that is clumsy on the street.

Not that I'll be buying or could afford one of these. Engineering is good money but not that good. :lol:
I like to have a great driving experience, but it won’t beat the 350R in that regard, no way.
Car should be a fun cruiser, like the 40,000 hellcats.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
2021MY cars will be out in the summer/fall of 2020, per usual

2019MY cars will be out in the summer/fall of 2018, per usual. A new S550 variant introduced as a 2019 would have two full production years.
I'm hoping we start to get some information soon.

I need something to obsess about until the weather warms and baseball starts again :headbonk:

Bmac - Didn't you say that the S550 pre-refresh platform would be the one to own for the forseable future. I think you mentioned something about DCT ...

Forgive me in advance if this wasn't you.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

I totally understand the difference. I’m just willing to bet the biggest difference is those tires.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Designing a supercharged V8 doesn't take 2 years, but look at what Whipple had to do to accommodate a dual brick intercooler. They had to flip the entire supercharger upside down. As stated, Fords new PDI doesn't leave room for traditional root-type superchargers. The issue was clearance for the dual brick intercooler...

Hoping video is released soon, hearing the vehicle with end the supercharger debate.
Designing, iterating and validating a supercharged V8 vehicle that will run reliably, meet performance targets, meet emissions and can be assembled consistently with quality does take >>2 years.

Everyone thinks about how easy it is to put a blower on a car and not about everything else that must be done for a production vehicle.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
Designing, iterating and validating a supercharged V8 vehicle that will run reliably, meet performance targets, meet emissions and can be assembled consistently with quality does take >>2 years.

Everyone thinks about how easy it is to put a blower on a car and not about everything else that must be done for a production vehicle.
Once again, thanks for setting proper expectations :thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
No offense, but you’re simply mistaken here.

Look at the top speed of the ZL1 vs the 1LE...
Look at the top speed of the Viper ACR vs the Viper GTS...
Look at the top speed of the ZR1 vs the top speed of the ZR1 Z07 with full aero.

Tires help corners, but little on straights... aero affects both drastically.
Sponsored