Sponsored

Air through window speeds over 65

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So when i drive home on the highway my driver window starts whistling in air. Only happens when i'm at higher speeds 65+ and is very annoying. I brought it to the dealership and they say they cant duplicate the problem, prob because they are driving like 55. The window seems to be positioned with the seal, so i'm not sure what to try and do.

Anyone else with these issues. 2.5 year old car and stuff like this makes me want to get rid of it.
Sponsored

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
Same issue for me except passenger window.
Whistling appeared after Door Latch Recall repair.
C'est La Vie...

OP
OP
5starr0

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Same issue for me except passenger window.
Whistling appeared after Door Latch Recall repair.
C'est La Vie...
you know what, it was noticeable after the air latch repair

Last edited:

VirginiaF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard V6 051 Auto
I'm not sure if you meant "what" vs "that". ;)
But if the latter, then yes the noise appeared on the way home from the Latch Repair.

Sadly, No Richmond dealer can ever "re-create issues" here.

OP
OP
5starr0

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
went back to the dealer a second time to have them look at the window. They almost didnt want to do anything again. I said it started when the door handle recall service was done. They did confirm the window is removed to do the door handle replacement. Hopefully they fix it, dont want to get too attached to my ford fusion rental

Oh and they wanted to charge me over 200 bucks to deglaze my brembos because they squeak...crazy

Sponsored

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
went back to the dealer a second time to have them look at the window. They almost didnt want to do anything again. I said it started when the door handle recall service was done. They did confirm the window is removed to do the door handle replacement. Hopefully they fix it, dont want to get too attached to my ford fusion rental

Oh and they wanted to charge me over 200 bucks to deglaze my brembos because they squeak...crazy

YUP! I was at the dealer yesterday for an oil change and tire balance. The service manager mentioned the recall and I said "no rush" on the recall.

They did it anyway, UGH :cool:! Now I have wind noise that I did not have before.

Now, I have a vert so there is more noise anyway but I noticed it right away and it is driving me crazy! :frusty:

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Strange, I had wind noise above 80mph UNTIL they fixed the door latch. Now it's quiet. It's possible they didn't adjust the window correctly when they reinstalled them or the latch needs to be adjusted to pull the door in a little more.

OP
OP
5starr0

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
got the update that the adjustment did make a better fitment. Still gotta love a dealership trying to avoid fixing something.

OP
OP
5starr0

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Had squeak on my brembos until I put some Powerstop carbon ceramic z26 pads.
Think that may be my next move, might just get new rotors also to replace while the wheels are off.

Drive home yesterday went fine, didnt hear any wind through the window. The adjustment seemed to fix the problem.
Sponsored