Boostworks Twin turbo kit track results

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Couldn't you go the Procharger route and position it vertically instead of horizontally to provide the best air flow to it?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Using the Whipple heat exchanger is a good example, they had a thinner and smaller core with fans. Now they have a thicker and taller core with no fans and IAT2 temps have been reduced, not sure by how many deg.

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Using the Whipple heat exchanger is a good example, they had a thinner and smaller core with fans. Now they have a thicker and taller core with no fans and IAT2 temps have been reduced, not sure by how many deg.
Not that much, but never had a high IAT problem to begin with, the new larger core just keeps things a lot more stable, no big spikes, and faster recovery for the small rise in temps we see. It also allowed peeps to ditch the VERY noisy fans that only help at idle and actually blocked airflow once moving.

Not hammering on the these twin kits, as I actually almost bought one a few months back, but just seems like the centri and PD setups have figured out how to work with the terrible airflow of the stock bumper, hopefully the twins guys can get it figured out too. Turbos are way more heat efficient to start with, no reason they should be hairdryers at 7psi :doh:

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Travis, when is that larger intercooler going to be available? Also, do you have a price point in mind as an upgrade? This honestly is the only thing im waiting on for your kit before i purchase.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
These turbo kits have been a MYSTERY the whole time there was much talk about them in the beginning but no availability, now they are somewhat available in a 2 to 3 month time frame but before you even put the kit on the car it's like oh we forgot to mention that we have an IAT2 problem. The kit never should have been made available to the public until it was all ironed out, now a guy that dropped nearly 10K has to deal with this shit. The ultimate set up has always been liquid to air intercooling with ice but that won't work on a street car, now along with all the other stuff on the car a guy has to tie up his trunk space with a stupid tank to hold meth. And then have to worry about if the damn thing is spraying all the time or not.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Couldn't you go the Procharger route and position it vertically instead of horizontally to provide the best air flow to it?
Procharger is still horizontal flow. Its just tall.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These turbo kits have been a MYSTERY the whole time there was much talk about them in the beginning but no availability, now they are somewhat available in a 2 to 3 month time frame but before you even put the kit on the car it's like oh we forgot to mention that we have an IAT2 problem. The kit never should have been made available to the public until it was all ironed out, now a guy that dropped nearly 10K has to deal with this shit. The ultimate set up has always been liquid to air intercooling with ice but that won't work on a street car, now along with all the other stuff on the car a guy has to tie up his trunk space with a stupid tank to hold meth. And then have to worry about if the damn thing is spraying all the time or not.
Meth is a great alternative for cooling. If you use it as a fuel system. You are playing with fire. If you have enough fuel system and the meth doesnt kick on you will just have hotter IAT's which in turn your tune should be set to pull timing once it hits a certain IAT temp. So really not a big deal as long as your fuel system is adequate.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Meth is a great alternative for cooling. If you use it as a fuel system. You are playing with fire. If you have enough fuel system and the meth doesnt kick on you will just have hotter IAT's which in turn your tune should be set to pull timing once it hits a certain IAT temp. So really not a big deal as long as your fuel system is adequate.
Right but the point is that a good intercooler would negate the need for the meth. Sure it may still help but it shouldn't be necessary to run boost above wastegate.

Prbarnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 tuned f150 ecoboost, 2015 gt premium auto
There’s another guy on here with the same kit and he claims 130 temp highest. Forget his name

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I understand all of that I was just referring to it's just another thing to deal with. IMO if you are running a Fore fuel system with dual or triple 465 pumps and 1000 or 1300 cc injectors with E85 you should be set and you shouldn't need anything else.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There’s another guy on here with the same kit and he claims 130 temp highest. Forget his name
The other variable is that ambient temp plays a big factor, so it depends where you are running the car. In Texas @ 90 deg ambient your in trouble, you hear a lot about how guys are saying the IAT2 temps are just above ambient with an air to air intercooler that's just BS. You would be lucky to be 40 deg above ambient with an efficient intercooler.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand all of that I was just referring to it's just another thing to deal with. IMO if you are running a Fore fuel system with dual or triple 465 pumps and 1000 or 1300 cc injectors with E85 you should be set and you shouldn't need anything else.
Plenty of guys on E85 with water to air setups. Cooler IATs mean more power and thats the end goal for anyone. If you can have ambient temps on 20 psi of boost. Thats going to be awesome. Air to air is simple and works well but you will never see ambient or below ambient like you do with Meth or W2A.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Currently have been waiting 96 days with another vendor and I'll probably be battling the same issue once I finally receive it, whenever that may be.

Too bad I can't get a refund or I'd go with the BW kit and upgraded IC.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Currently have been waiting 96 days with another vendor and I'll probably be battling the same issue once I finally receive it, whenever that may be.

Too bad I can't get a refund or I'd go with the BW kit and upgraded IC.
I ordered my BW kit on July 11 and the turbos just came in this past Friday, going to pick it all up this week. I take it you bought a LPF kit the BW intercooler should still fit your application might have to tweak some tubing.
Sponsored