clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Hello everyone,

I have been using the grill with DRLs styled replicas without any failure (yet)

The grill package never included any instructions and the only youtube video out there included instructions which included baking the headlights to get into the housing to wire them.

when I initially installed them the person who directed me on how to wire it basically gave me instructions on running them with the fog lights.

Its been just fine no issues since march 2016, but lately i've kinda been annoyed by the fact of having to flip on the lights, turn on the fog lights etc to just turn on the drl's on the grill.

I've also noticed that when i turn on my right turn signal, the DRL switches off until the turn signal is off and then switches back on (i imagine i wired it to the right turn signal probably)

is there a simple way of wiring these drl's on the grill to work with the factory drl's ? I absolutely want to avoid messing with cracking open/"baking" the headlights if at all possible.
Sponsored

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
Mine are fuse tapped with a proper two fuse tap.
They're on as soon as accessories power is on.

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
would you name the component in the fuse box to link it to wire it to? im still a bit confused on what you mean. I think i found the part you were talking about, do you mean i should just wire to a certain fuse in the fuse box?

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
I'm thinking of purchasing the RTR grill LED color changing one on ebay. is it any good? Reliable?

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
Yeah I'll grab a picture tomorrow. Basically I wired the positive to the fuse tap and used a 20amp fuse, then I grounded the negative to where the battery grounds on the strut.

I've had mine since February and my car is a DD, 15k miles lighting up and still great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
i really appreciate the help.

Daryl152

Kill3r_Stang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost (IG:Kill3r_Stang)
I just wanted to get a follow up to see how the lights are holding up? They still running pretty good?

OP
OP
clubamericalara

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
nope i had on going issues with these lights ended up selling them, i'd recommend only RTR brand or CDC lights.. avoid ebay lights .

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Usually it is some or all of the LEDs dying within weeks/months. Even the real RTR ones have issues, but they're not a random seller from China so you have a better chance of getting it resolved properly.
Sponsored