Sponsored

2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE vs. 2018 base GT comparably equipped (cost analysis)

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Oh wow didn't know getting a Camaro automatically gave you a vagina too, can add that to the list. (HINT: THAT'S SARCASM TOO)

My entire post was sarcasm. Spend more time reading the camaro6 forum and you will understand.

I have no loyalty, far from a forum warrior. Simply a car enthusiast who buys the best value for my money.

Also of note, nope no mopar banners on my car. I have 5.0 emblems on my fenders, a leaping jaguar on my hood, and ss badging on my trunk!
I did just check out the camaro6 version of this thread and will concede it is pretty rough to read some of the responses. Nice choice on the scat pack. Seems to be a lot of value for the money. I was looking at hellcat chargers when they were offering the crazy lease deals early on this year. I wish ford and chevy offered some more wild colors like dodge tends to do. Sublime green is still one of my favorites. :cheers:
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I did just check out the camaro6 version of this thread and will concede it is pretty rough to read some of the responses. Nice choice on the scat pack. Seems to be a lot of value for the money. I was looking at hellcat chargers when they were offering the crazy lease deals early on this year. I wish ford and chevy offered some more wild colors like dodge tends to do. Sublime green is still one of my favorites. :cheers:
I almost bought the hellcat on the crazy lease deal, but I really wanted green.

That's my biggest issue with Ford and especially GM right now the lack of colors.

I did see a new C7 vette this week in the new ceramic matrix gray, definitely a cool color. Would be awesome to see it on a 1LE.

Where the fuck are all the greens/oranges/purples? Krypton green was such a limited run there isn't many out there. Looked great though.

I mean how many ugly shades of silver, black and gray can you have?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I almost bought the hellcat on the crazy lease deal, but I really wanted green.

That's my biggest issue with Ford and especially GM right now the lack of colors.

I did see a new C7 vette this week in the new ceramic matrix gray, definitely a cool color. Would be awesome to see it on a 1LE.

Where the fuck are all the greens/oranges/purples? Krypton green was such a limited run there isn't many out there. Looked great though.

I mean how many ugly shades of silver, black and gray can you have?
Funny enough I've said to myself I would have bought a ceramic gray 1LE in a heartbeat. I like the lighter grays that mimic that one ferrari color, grigio telesto and medio(or are these lambo). Audi has nardo. Lead foot on the raptor looks good and the GT350 avalanche grey. Why the companies offer 2 shades of black and all these really dark colors remains to be seen. I went bland with white on my 1LE but did like the krypton green. It was hard to find any leftover 17s in that color. These tomato oranges don't do much for me. Prefer the pearl ones like the lexus RC cars have and of course the lambo version. I'm a huge viper fan and thought it was amazing they offered the 1 of 1 for such a good price. Some awesome color combos came out of that.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Funny enough I've said to myself I would have bought a ceramic gray 1LE in a heartbeat. I like the lighter grays that mimic that one ferrari color, grigio telesto and medio(or are these lambo). Audi has nardo. Lead foot on the raptor looks good and the GT350 avalanche grey. Why the companies offer 2 shades of black and all these really dark colors remains to be seen. I went bland with white on my 1LE but did like the krypton green. It was hard to find any leftover 17s in that color. These tomato oranges don't do much for me. Prefer the pearl ones like the lexus RC cars have and of course the lambo version. I'm a huge viper fan and thought it was amazing they offered the 1 of 1 for such a good price. Some awesome color combos came out of that.
See we can agree. I stand by this post 100%

Sponsored

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
2018 PP2 will be according to the leaked order sheets roughly $6400. About the same as the 1LE. Still no idea what comes in that package though except for the wheels and tires. Will have to wait until December to find out.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Your dislike for the 6th gen and their owners seems pretty far up there. :clap2::ford::cheers:

We should just discuss our favorite colors.
Dislike? I'm just stating things from that fourm. Most people on there hate the 6th gen Mustang with a passion.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
No cost analysis will balance the fact that you can't see out the back of a Camaro :doh:
And not just the back.

Here's C&D's analysis of that problem with a '16 and '17 SS:

Predictably, difficulty seeing out of the Camaro annoys many. Descriptors like “gun slit” and “periscope” litter the logbook with disturbing frequency. It’s “a nightmare for parking and low-speed maneuvering,” wrote one driver. Poor visibility is a deal breaker for many, who would gladly trade the Camaro’s performance for the clearer sightlines offered from the Mustang’s driver’s seat.
- August 2016 JOSH JACQUOT

Comically challenged outward visibility ...
- October 2016 ANDREW WENDLER
Sponsored