Sponsored

2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE vs. 2018 base GT comparably equipped (cost analysis)

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Have we seen anything about weight savings?? This hasn't ever crossed my mind til now. :confused:
No, I'm just guessing since Ford hasn't touted any kind of diet for the 18 refresh so I'm going to assume the PP2 won't lose any weight except maybe from the forged aluminum wheels (also assuming they are forged aluminum).
Sponsored

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
No, I'm just guessing since Ford hasn't touted any kind of diet for the 18 refresh so I'm going to assume the PP2 won't lose any weight except maybe from the forged aluminum wheels (also assuming they are forged aluminum).
The vehicle information packet from Ford only listed 647 wheels as being forged. The PP2 wheels were not described as forged.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I owned a ppgt but if i was in the market for one i would skip it and definitely get a camaro 1le. You can get one even below 40 grand and that is not going to be the case for a similarly equipped 2018 mustang gtpp. Even if the price comes out the same, the question becomes will Ford let a gtpp rival their gt350 in performance? Because an ss 1le certainly does ( At least the base gt350)!

I was actually waiting for the 2018 gt as well but with the current pricing i will be getting a slightly used c7 or a used ZL1! Never used the back seat in my mustang and certainly not spending 50 grand on a car which will loose significant value in couple of months and can be seen everywhere including car rentals! I think its time to show Ford that what matters is not the sales but customer satisfaction! The direction they are going will also bring the sales down.
Definitely buy the rare car that nobody else wants. For sure that's the way to go.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Definitely buy the rare car that nobody else wants. For sure that's the way to go.
Says the guy who drives a gt350? Why didn’t you get a gtpp like a good boy then? Let me guess, because you were too good for a gtpp and it would slow you down, at least the gt350 makes you look fast!

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I love my 1LE. I'm sure the PP2 will be a heck of a car though.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
1LE for 44k? Try under 40k! I don't even think there is a question on what car is superior. Better profits, better sales, better owners. Camaro :cheers:

OP
OP

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
I looked at some window stickers for 2018s on order. GT premium PP w/ mag ride, exhaust, and other bells and whistles going for over 52K. The GT has really gone upmarket. In all fairness, the Camaro has as well if you get a loaded 2SS with all the boxes checked.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
1LE for 44k? Try under 40k! I don't even think there is a question on what car is superior. Better profits, better sales, better owners. Camaro :cheers:
It's losing it's luster. When it sells more it's not as rare, therefore it loses it's world class supercar status. Camaro owners want the rarer car. Oh and it can't be an automatic, because grabbing a shaft and ball and jiggling them around makes you internet forum god.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Ever notice how the magazine comparisons stopped once the generations changed over? The Alpha Camaro isn't as quick and consistent as the 5th Gen. The S550 has it beat...

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
It's losing it's luster. When it sells more it's not as rare, therefore it loses it's world class supercar status. Camaro owners want the rarer car. Oh and it can't be an automatic, because grabbing a shaft and ball and jiggling them around makes you internet forum god.
Can't car owners just buy something because they happen to like it? When did someone ever say a think ANY camaro was "rarer"(was this just you?)

The original PP cars were all manuals too. Are they all forum gods?

Do you have a giant MOPAR decal at the top of your windshield?

You forum warriors are strong.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Can't car owners just buy something because they happen to like it? When did someone ever say a think ANY camaro was "rarer"(was this just you?)

Ummm might want to check out Camaro6. When sales were bad they said it didn't matter because it made the 6th gen Camaro a rare car which again made it better. And that went on for 100's of pages for at least a year :lol:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The resale values are going to drop too!

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
Ummm might want to check out Camaro6. When sales were bad they said it didn't matter because it made the 6th gen Camaro a rare car which again made it better. And that went on for 100's of pages for at least a year :lol:
Then those are some koolaid drinking camaro owners. Doesn't mean we all are.

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I can't see Ford pricing the PP2 above the 1LE since assuming all other things are equal, the Mustang is still down 35 ft lb of tq and will still weigh more. Also unlikely that Ford will make the Recaros standard in the PP2 trim.

I hope I'm wrong and the new PP2 kicks the 1LE's ass but GM did a great job with that car. They don't care if it steps on it's big brother's toes so hopefully Ford takes the same approach in regards to the GT350.
this ^ except for one thing. I'll be surprised if Ford matches 1LE pricing.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack

Oh wow didn't know getting a Camaro automatically gave you a vagina too, can add that to the list. (HINT: THAT'S SARCASM TOO)

My entire post was sarcasm. Spend more time reading the camaro6 forum and you will understand.

I have no loyalty, far from a forum warrior. Simply a car enthusiast who buys the best value for my money.

Also of note, nope no mopar banners on my car. I have 5.0 emblems on my fenders, a leaping jaguar on my hood, and ss badging on my trunk!
Sponsored