x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Looks well done. I like how it is different from everything else out there.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Too retro looking on a car that does not look retro.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Interesting. I think the car is too modern with too many lines to just throw in some classic looking lights, though.

If I were to design grille lights, I'd have it following the same lines created from the hood. Angled stripes or something.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I applaud your idea and execution. I think the lights would look better in the lower grille area though.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I like it somewhat. I wonder how it would look with a Mach 1 type hood to go along with the lights.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Shadow Black Redline Interior
Nick, I really like how it turned out! Would love to see you add an tri-bar emblem in the center of the grill to really finish off the retro look.

318351-768-0.jpg
Thanks!! That was actually going to be my next addition!

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I love the fabrication skills! Overall it works, but I don't like the yellow. I think the lenses could keep the same shape and framing and be white lights (if that is even possible) and still work.

Overall it's great to see this type of thing, where a member isn't just buying a bolt on part but making the car one of a kind in a sensible and classic way.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
I like the retro vibe. Anything to differentiate the car as your own is good in my opinioin. My question is how/where did you hard mount the lights? I am considering doing something like this and have seen another "custom" job on here. I have not seen people mention how the actual housing/light is mounted though.

What I want to do is mount some lights behind my factory grill but I am not sure where a good mounting point would be.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Shadow Black Redline Interior
I like the retro vibe. Anything to differentiate the car as your own is good in my opinioin. My question is how/where did you hard mount the lights? I am considering doing something like this and have seen another "custom" job on here. I have not seen people mention how the actual housing/light is mounted though.

What I want to do is mount some lights behind my factory grill but I am not sure where a good mounting point would be.
That was my question for a long time as well. The light housings that I used have holes on the back so I made brackets that wrapped around to the back side of the grille, painted them black, and used small black screws that go through the grille from the front side and bolt on through the brackets on the back. I'll post a pic to show you.

Sponsored

Memphis-EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Impact Blue Ecoboost
Nice craftsmanship... A little to much Disney Cars vibe though, its kind of creepy how much it looks like it has a face now. Either that or I am just more hungover than I thought.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I like the retro approach. I personally would've went with better quality fogs but I can see you preferred the look more. It's definitely different and unique.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Any chance you can show us what they look like illuminated? Curious what it looks like at night.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
[MENTION=31380]MrMustangBurger[/MENTION] finally got some free time again and have been trying to figure out my next mod. Still playing with the idea of grille lights. Any chance you ever got a picture of your mounting method?

That was my question for a long time as well. The light housings that I used have holes on the back so I made brackets that wrapped around to the back side of the grille, painted them black, and used small black screws that go through the grille from the front side and bolt on through the brackets on the back. I'll post a pic to show you.
Sponsored