Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
It stinks, but I'm not surprised at the outcome of this.

Here are your options at this point, as I see them:

1. Sell the car.
2. Burn the car on the side of the road in a freak accidental fire.
3. Hire the body shop of your choice to fix things properly.
4. Burn the car on the side of the road in a freak accidental fire.
5. See #2 and #4.

I'd personally pick #3 in all honesty, although the other options would seem better at the moment. It'll be more out of pocket, sure, but once it's done you would have a unique and cool car, Saleen's bullshit be damned.
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
13 pages and not one word from Saleen himself.

Sounds like he has a f-wit for a president. That sort of behaviour from a company officer here in Australia would result in serious consequences.

You seem to have a lot of passion for what the car meant to you and your reasons were sound, but your trust has been treated with contempt by Saleen.

Might be best to cut your losses, karma will come around to people like Derek & Amy and the Saleen company. Hopefully no one else will have to go through what you've endured.

All the best from Mustang Brothers in Australia.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Definitely wouldn't have been worth it to sue. They've made it pretty clear they don't have any money. Even if they actually felt any remorse for the situation, if they can't pay they can't pay.

And honestly, it seems like even if you got the problems fixed and made the car what you wanted initially, the sight of it would probably disgust you anyway purely from the emotions you've already had to process since this ordeal began. Can't blame you for wanting rid of it.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am really sorry for you and feel your pain. The service you received coincides with their stock price. Please do due diligence before making business decisions.

If it was my car I would spend the $$$ with a good body shop instead of paying lawyers

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label Mustang
Yep, definitely selling it. Even after I pay to fix it, I don't want to own it.

Never been in a situation when people come up and say "hey nice car" and I can't take pride in it and all I can think of what at shitty situation it is.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know some guys, of Italian descent, it'll cost you about 1/2 that, and only take a weekend ...

:lol:
Hire American! A friend of mine got screwed on an investment. He got nowhere legally, so he gave his then "legally" worthless share of the company to an outlaw motorcycle gang. L0L

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
What a pathetic display of customer service from a company that made one of the best supercars of all time.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"Lawyer up" is thrown out WAY too much on the internet. Lawyers expect to be paid and when you see them all over TV asking you to call....doesn't mean they will automatically take your case. I work in the construction business and the LAST thing we ever want to do is get in a lawsuit with a subcontractor or vendor.....even if you're 100% in the right, if the person you are in conflict with has no assets, you'll get squat....except for a bill from your attorney.

Cutting your losses and moving on is probably the best course of action at this point.

OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update.

Reached out to Ford Corporate from some contact information supplied in a previous post a couple weeks ago, I have heard nothing back.

Was contacted by my dealer about a week and a half ago, Saleen wants me to bring my car in, have the rear decklid cover removed and have the car sit their until they can supply a new one. I refused, they took 5 months to get me a replacement, that was of very poor quality like the one they already installed on the car. I did not think this was reasonable.

I have heard nothing after that.

As far as I know they are still standing behind their decision to not cover any of the other defective parts they installed on the car, even though they are all covered by their warranty policy.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update.

Reached out to Ford Corporate from some contact information supplied in a previous post a couple weeks ago, I have heard nothing back.

Was contacted by my dealer about a week and a half ago, Saleen wants me to bring my car in, have the rear decklid cover removed and have the car sit their until they can supply a new one. I refused, they took 5 months to get me a replacement, that was of very poor quality like the one they already installed on the car. I did not think this was reasonable.

I have heard nothing after that.

As far as I know they are still standing behind their decision to not cover any of the other defective parts they installed on the car, even though they are all covered by their warranty policy.

How can they get away with not honoring a warranty on a brand new car??? The lemon law must be in play here?

Sponsored
OP
OP
scharfe

scharfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can they get away with not honoring a warranty on a brand new car??? The lemon law must be in play here?
The way it was explained to me, not sure if this is 100% accurate but, Saleen isn't a car manufacture, they are a car modifier. They are held to different rules. If I or anyone else tried to get a lemon law they would probably have to do after their ford dealer that sold them the car and not Saleen.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The way it was explained to me, not sure if this is 100% accurate but, Saleen isn't a car manufacture, they are a car modifier. They are held to different rules. If I or anyone else tried to get a lemon law they would probably have to do after their ford dealer that sold them the car and not Saleen.
That is correct. Saleen two bankrupt entities ago had the status of a specialty manufacturer. Current Saleen is just a tuner. So you are not buying a Saleen, you are buying a Ford with tuner parts.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package

Here is where Roush is different. Roush IS the manufacturer of record. They don't build and sell cars post-title. The car is titled after completion and when it is sold by the dealership.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Regardless...when anyone sees a Saleen their panties drop.