Sponsored

Which Headers?

MattZx10r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
i have corsa extreme catbacks. which headers will give me the best power gains, clean up the sound. I know ARH has headers with a direct connection to the corsas, but with so many reputable brands (kooks,bbk,stainless,arh.. etc..), which ones have you guys seen the best results from
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
If you want to lower your engine at all, double check with ARH since mine don't have much clearance to spare.

Beefcake made a thread a while back where he tested SW and ARH on the same car and I don't remember there being much of a difference.

Other than that, your ears may ring with your exhaust plus headers.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Here's the thread I mentioned earlier:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18140

I forgot to mention, on the ARH headers I could only re-use 7 studs on one side and 5 on the other side due to not having enough clearance. I wish I could have re-used all the studs, but it's been fine with some bolts in their place.

Whichever headers you choose, remove the AC bolt so you don't have a possible false knock producer.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i am happy with my kooks. great customer service. fit like a glove. noticeable power and ridiculous sound.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I have texas speed catted, love em. Great price and qualty. Between the headers and Lund tune I am on my 3rd brand of tires looking for traction.

Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
^ Curious have you dynoed your car? I sorta have similar mods an have no traction issues. Main difference is probably a tune but still suprised.

To the Op if you don't get an answer you like there is a thread where people posted dyno results of there bolt ons. Should be a the ad sticky.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
ARH, SW or Kooks will be awesome. ARH is our most popular but all do the job very well. As far as studs, some can be reused and some will be replaced, just depends on the design of the primaries.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Like Jay said above you can't go wrong with the big 3. ARH, Kooks and SW all make really nice stainless steel header setups.

Give us a call if there's anything we can help you with as we are warehouse distributors for all three brands.

561-753-8105.

Thanks, Jared

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
i am happy with my kooks. great customer service. fit like a glove. noticeable power and ridiculous sound.
I took a close look at Kooks at Mustang Week. Wow, what a shame to hide all that excellent craftsmanship under the engine. They are a work of art.

Sponsored

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
i have corsa extreme catbacks. which headers will give me the best power gains, clean up the sound. I know ARH has headers with a direct connection to the corsas, but with so many reputable brands (kooks,bbk,stainless,arh.. etc..), which ones have you guys seen the best results from
I have Corsa Xtremes mated with catted Kooks. It is noticeably louder at idle, but has a nice rumble to it. It begins to get loud around 2500 to 2800 RPM and anything above 3K can be heard from far, far away. It does get a bit raspy, but when you're on the gas you can't help but smile. I feel sorry for all the people with their windows down as I drive by them with the gas anywhere near half to full throttle.

One downside to the Kooks is they come with the factory step-down to mate with the factory resonator. They do have a 3-inch connection now, but not sure if they include that with the headers or if you have to buy it extra.

5Oh_Trey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium (PP)
Vehicle Showcase
Just a heads up, Corsa is dropping their headers soon.. you may want to be on the lookout ;)

Grhumpy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT - Impact Blue -
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys,

I've found this on AM, is anybody knows the difference between those two header, cause they look very similar ! :crazy:

and one is cheaper ...
header_SW_vs_SP.JPG

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Grhumpy,
They list 2 different headers on their website, but not individual PN's. But they have one for factory direct exhaust connections that neck down and one that is performance connect with a full 3" exit.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Hello guys,

I've found this on AM, is anybody knows the difference between those two header, cause they look very similar ! :crazy:

and one is cheaper ...
Stainless Works is made in America, Stainless Power is made in China. Exactly the same product.
Sponsored