Sponsored

Northern Virginia Members

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Right now there is no resonator. I really love the tone and don't want to scrap this, so I think as an initial test I'm going to put the stock resonator in place of the H pipe and see how it sounds.
Sponsored

crashdb

Euro-reject
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't have any experience with AWE's Mustang exhaust, but I do have experience with their exhaust versus Magnaflow on another vehicle. AWE was quieter and better sounding. I also know AWE's marketing guy. While I'm sure he's biased, he said Magnaflow for the Mustang was not great. I had it on my Mustang and it could be drony.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I had Magna's street system on my 2011 and it droned beyond belief. I wasn't about to compare that to their S550 systems so take that FWIW. The stock resonator will cut down a lot on the tone but it's free so worth a shot.

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I had Magna axle backs on my '12 Shelby and they were great, but I think the tone of the Coyote is much different than the 5.4 was. I tried the RTR (Magna) axle backs first, but they did have a fair amount a drone, even though they were much quieter.

I figure the stock resonator is free, so worth a shot first. Depending on how it works I might weld up a new H pipe with Pypes M80's inline.

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I figure the stock resonator is free, so worth a shot first. Depending on how it works I might weld up a new H pipe with Pypes M80's inline.

That would definitely be my choice. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

YukonRally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
So I pulled the AWE apart and measured to fit the stock resonator, and it's too long. I'd have to start hacking up the AWE for this test which I'm not willing to do. Since it was already off the car, I put the stock one back one and I'm putting the AWE for sale. I'll figure out what I want to try next once this one sells. If anyone is interested, here it is: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1994836#post1994836

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0
So I pulled the AWE apart and measured to fit the stock resonator, and it's too long. I'd have to start hacking up the AWE for this test which I'm not willing to do. Since it was already off the car, I put the stock one back one and I'm putting the AWE for sale. I'll figure out what I want to try next once this one sells. If anyone is interested, here it is: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1994836#post1994836
If you want good tone and to get away from kits with drone, take a look at Krona's catback:

[ame]

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone here with a 2018 OF GTPP? Seems like we are both commuting from Ashburn to Reston (Sunrise Valley).

‘18GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350 - Lead Foot Gray
Anyone here with a 2018 OF GTPP? Seems like we are both commuting from Ashburn to Reston (Sunrise Valley).
It's not me, sorry, but I am in the area. I make the commute from Sterling but I've started taking 7 down to Hunter Mill. It's not bad at the early hours I go in and Hunter Mill has some nice turns. If you're ever on that route look for a 2018 LFG GT350 :cheers:

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
[MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION], ill be doing springs and a few IRS stuff on my ride soon. Does your shop do alignment and have a roll on lift/ramp to clock bushings? Thanks

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
[MENTION=7311]Grimace427[/MENTION], ill be doing springs and a few IRS stuff on my ride soon. Does your shop do alignment and have a roll on lift/ramp to clock bushings? Thanks

Yes we can take care of all that. Give us a call 571-261-9860 and say you talked to Peter about getting some upgrades to your Mustang. Shoot me a message with your full parts list so I can give you an accurate install quote.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Thanks, will do.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Yes we can take care of all that. Give us a call 571-261-9860 and say you talked to Peter about getting some upgrades to your Mustang. Shoot me a message with your full parts list so I can give you an accurate install quote.
You're going to turn that place into a Mustang shop one way or another :)

OP
OP
Grimace427

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
You're going to turn that place into a Mustang shop one way or another :)

It's been quiet lately, would be nice to get some more business. We were slammed beyond belief from late last year to just about a month ago.

Also I should mention we just got a brand new tire machine that should really help with the super low profile performance tires. The first car we had to test it was a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S with the center lock wheels.
Sponsored