Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Until I'm pushing daisies... or it gets totaled.
Same here. I told my 10 year old, it's his when I'm gone. I expect several attempts on my life soon.:eyebulge:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Essentially forever.

Strange tax rules in my country mean it would be punitively expensive to try and sell it anytime before 2026.... so the plan is to keep it until its a classic :)

SBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No plans on ever selling it. Waited a long time for the right car at the right time (family priorities). I enjoy every minute behind the wheel, keep it clean and covered when it`s not on the road. Had a lot of "classic cars" over the years, but I`m really liking the power, performance and features of the GT premium. Just push the start button and go!

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
No plans on ever selling it. Waited a long time for the right car at the right time (family priorities). I enjoy every minute behind the wheel, keep it clean and covered when it`s not on the road. Had a lot of "classic cars" over the years, but I`m really liking the power, performance and features of the GT premium. Just push the start button and go!
Similar to this. Waited a looonnng time to purchase this car as my first mustang. Have always wanted one. Also, my first born daughter was born a month ago so I'm hoping that she will appreciate it someday and that it will be "our thing."

Sponsored

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I always figured at least 5 years if I like the assumed heavier refresh in 2020-ish, but man bring in the presence of a 2017 GT350 on a showroom floor yesterday (while dropping off my EcoBoost for service) sure did make me rethink the "YOLO" factor.

Wow.

A $35k or more difference in cost, nevermind that initial property tax bill though...does help keep a guy grounded and in love with that EcoBoost. :frusty:

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it to keep. The car I sold to buy this one was a 1997 Mistubishi 3000 GT Vr4. I got that car in 1999. Sold it to a fellow in Vegas in 2017. My wife asked me if I planned to be buried in my Shelby Mustang which I got in 1982.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Still have the 86. Kept the 01 Cobra until it was totaled June 2016. Tend to drive these cars and then refurbish (86) or total (01).

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At my age, this is my last new car. My next purchase will be a used truck

Sponsored

ShawnRS5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, Audi RS5
I always do a 5 year loan and wind up keeping the car about 2-3 years. I hate loosing money on cars ughhh

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Probably after the C8 Z06 comes out .. then the C7s should come down a bit more. Love my Mustang but I have always wanted a Vette. :)

Never know though -- might take the difference in money and just SC this car. Too many choices.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have contemplated trading already.. but that's just me lately. Honestly, I love this sob and will likely keep it till after its paid off (2021) LOL.

The miles are low (11.5k) and I have had it two years. Come pay off, it should have around 30-40k on it, and I'll still have a nice bit of equity in it for a trade. See what the 2021 S650 is like.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Gonna keep it until the issues and cost of fixing them is not worth it. I've had no problems so far, I wonder if I could push 200k on this car.
Sponsored