Sponsored

iPhone dropping bluetooth

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Ok so I have read on here about the problem some have had, re-sync it to car etc but I have tried that a few times. Forget device from handset/car - re sync and it still drops from time to time. I have spoken to O2 business and their tech team thinks it's the car not the phone. Had my iPhone 7 since November 16, had car since June 16 but problems only in the last 4/5 months?

Any thoughts please?

Cheers
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hate to ask the obvious but is your iphone fully up to date? I think sometimes the Bluetooth drivers can sometimes be a bit naff in some releases.

I have had issues (rarely) with my iphone disconnecting in the past but I think that was sync 2, sync 3 seems pretty good so far - 2 months in.

I had a bad bluetooth in my fiesta at one point and I vaguely remember that an IOS update seemed to cure it.

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Hate to ask the obvious but is your iphone fully up to date? I think sometimes the Bluetooth drivers can sometimes be a bit naff in some releases.

I have had issues (rarely) with my iphone disconnecting in the past but I think that was sync 2, sync 3 seems pretty good so far - 2 months in.

I had a bad bluetooth in my fiesta at one point and I vaguely remember that an IOS update seemed to cure it.
Thanks, yes phone software fully updated 10.3.3 :shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, yes phone software fully updated 10.3.3 :shrug:
Is sync up to date?

I never get issues with my Bluetooth dropping out. However it'll sometimes shift inputs if there's another connected devise in the car, in which case you can in the car, set priority. I used to have issues when my missus sat in the car it'd link hers up until I set mine as priority :lol:

OP
OP
RobMJ

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Is sync up to date?

I never get issues with my Bluetooth dropping out. However it'll sometimes shift inputs if there's another connected devise in the car, in which case you can in the car, set priority. I used to have issues when my missus sat in the car it'd link hers up until I set mine as priority :lol:
Thanks,

Ok will try setting mine as priority but it also happens when it's just me in the car. I have Sync 2 and not updated it since I took the car June 16, is this a dealer job?

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I gather bluetooth is one of the weaknesses with the iphone. Bring back blackberry!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
oh and FWIW I'm on Android. Never an issue.

I know Iphones now have Bluetooth always on (even when you turn it off) as a low power Bluetooth variant. and have since the later version of the 5. But obviously, low power Bluetooth doesn't ALWAYS work with connecting to things. But it shouldn't drop or disconnect between two devices. (in this case device 1 is phone device 2 is sync 2

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
My iPhone did that with my 2014 Mustang, as well as my 2015 Mustang.

My Samsung (android) has never had this issue...I think it's an apple and sync not working together quite right issue.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The only thing that works well with iPhone is the marketing. By god does that work...

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
its the phone, I have a work iPhone (use Android for personal) and had to quit using my BT headset as the iPhone would just randomly drop the connection....like mid word. Made talking on the phone impossible. The same headset is flawless when BT connected to my Samsung phone OR PC via BT....its the phone mate...

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
IPhone 8 out in a couple of weeks...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ another over priced Iphone that don't work ;)!

DaBigGinger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT & GT86
I believe a Sync update will fix this. If you have a Google, Ford provide instructions on how to do it :)

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Never had an issue with Bluetooth on headsets or cars with iPhones (3+,4S,5,6S), you might just be unlucky. Never had it drop out with a variety of cars, froze once but car on off and all fine. Mine lives on Bluetooth for car, portable speakers, headset when running and hi-fi/sounbars at home.... I personally find the iPhone great.
Sponsored