Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Posts 2,3,4,6,11,15

I've read them all seven times now, some contradictions there, not sure where we stand on this?:headbonk:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Posts 2,3,4,6,11,15

I've read them all seven times now, some contradictions there, not sure where we stand on this?:headbonk:
James had FR Struts
James removed Fr struts
James claimed FR struts were LH and pushed his fender out
James now runs Steeda struts

Fwiw i run redline hoodstruts.
Fwiw i know others with FR struts and zero issues
fwiw I only know what james told me about his.

Point i'm making, where you'll be out of the loop, is james knows OP, they've been at meets together (The weekend meet Nige's first, which James was also at), so probably that's where OP was informed of hood struts that are "bad" (of which, as others correctly state, these aren't). Which forms post 2's Fine and 'bad' post, which is backed up b informing OP of the person with the issue.

In conclusion, FR are FINE. Steeda are FINE Redline are FINE. :lol: :lol:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LHD?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
James had FR Struts
James removed Fr struts
James claimed FR struts were LH and pushed his fender out
James now runs Steeda struts

Fwiw i run redline hoodstruts.
Fwiw i know others with FR struts and zero issues
fwiw I only know what james told me about his.

Point i'm making, where you'll be out of the loop, is james knows OP, they've been at meets together (The weekend meet Nige's first, which James was also at), so probably that's where OP was informed of hood struts that are "bad" (of which, as others correctly state, these aren't). Which forms post 2's Fine and 'bad' post, which is backed up b informing OP of the person with the issue.

In conclusion, FR are FINE. Steeda are FINE Redline are FINE. :lol: :lol:
So do we assume James is the problem ;)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Who's James??

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea Nige, but seems he's to blame

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yet your opening gambit on the thread was to describe them as being 'the worst'? :)

Do you do surveys for cosmetics manufacturers too? ;)
Which was a response to OP. Who asked what the best and worst were as he'd been to a meet (Gloucester one) on the weekend but forgot which ones.

My impression from when I asked the exact same question at one (and I assume it's the same bunch of people) was that redline and steeda were good and FR ripped off james' fender (well, pushed it out a bit). :lol:

I was just trying to answer Niges question :doh:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloucesternige

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Just to clarify and give Manders a bit of support here I would like to say, as the OP, that I did indeed attend my first Mustang meet on Saturday and was discussing hood struts with Sheps and Fleetor, whilst looking under the hood of Fleetors beautiful TY GT.

One of the guys told me about a hood strut kit to avoid as it does not fit and caused issues, I forgot which kit it was so asked the question. Manders advised of an issue he had heard of, which it would appear was due to poor fitting by the installer.

I still am unaware who James is, sorry mate I may have met you but we certainly didn't discuss hood struts.

As mentioned earlier, I have ordered the Ford kit and look forward to fitting it.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify and give Manders a bit of support here I would like to say, as the OP, that I did indeed attend my first Mustang meet on Saturday and was discussing hood struts with Sheps and Fleetor, whilst looking under the hood of Fleetors beautiful TY GT.

One of the guys told me about a hood strut kit to avoid as it does not fit and caused issues, I forgot which kit it was so asked the question. Manders advised of an issue he had heard of, which it would appear was due to poor fitting by the installer.

I still am unaware who James is, sorry mate I may have met you but we certainly didn't discuss hood struts.

As mentioned earlier, I have ordered the Ford kit and look forward to fitting it.
You may not have spoke to James there, but James is on FB (not on forum!) small guy, usually wears tight shorts, has the magnetic one with the velgans.
Anyway, Sheps and Fleetor (Ben, also not on forum) will have seen James' rant about his hood struts on SMUK, so maybe where the info came from.

You'll be fine, not a worry :)!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
Back in May when James installed his struts he showed me them still on the car at a meet. From what I could see the FP ones have 2 plates at the bottom, one either side of the mounting point that when bolted up secure the part to the car. The bottom plate on his had twisted when tightened unseen by him at the time and then was putting pressure on the area of the car it was bolted to resulting in the metal bending and the hinge flew off. So yes it was a installer issue not the parts. And Nigel if you're at Weston on Saturday I'll introduce you to the little sod. :lol:
Sponsored