Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi,
Has anyone had this, the Navigation Froze when I took a wrong turn and would NOT re-route.I stopped the car after a while locked it and started up again only to find it was in the same place as before.I Managed to get to my location and it was stood for a few hours and worked OK but didn't make a any deviations.
So My question is Can you do a REBOOT? whilst on the move and has anyone else had this problem, do I need to check That the car has the Latest Software if so what is the latest.
Cheers Guys. :)
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I havent had that specific problem, but ive had issues with my navi where the map wouldnt load (just a grey screen), voice instructions would still work.

The dealer upgraded me to the latest software, this is not yet available for download on the interwebs (as far as I know).

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I had this and ended up having the whole media player changed under warranty

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sync 2 or 3?

I haven't used mine (sync 3) much but a few weeks back it seemed to get stuck in a loop - I was happily driving along, looked down and saw 13mi to the next exit, 10 minutes later - still 13mi! Really bizarre, because the map was moving as I was driving.

I then tried to cancel the route and the whole thing froze. Very frustrating when you actually need it for directions! Thankfully, signposts saved me.

Ignition off/on seemed to reset it ok, couldn't find/think of a way to reset whilst driving though...no problems since.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I find the satnav no better than adequate. Not seen this specific problem but mine pleases itself where it routes me. I guess there are options to take away some of its decision-making ability i've yet to find...

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Had no real issues with mine apart from the rare occasion where the rear view camera fails to initialise, thankfully its rare, think its happened twice in my ownership but on both occasions huge crowds of people nearly died. :D

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
My very early Garmin (portable) from the early 2000's used to do this... would throw an absolute wobbly if you didn't go where it wanted you to... as did the Nav on some of the VAG cars from 10-12 years ago... but I would have thought Ford (or whoever develop their software) would have got round things like this by now!

OP
OP
Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank Guys mine was as Kristian 87 exactly the same will speak at some point to My Dealer as it in for Inderseal inspection next week for a warranty claim (2nd visit ) and waiting on trim parts so will throw this in as well !!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Let us know how you get on...

I would imagine it may just be a case of applying a software update. That will most likely be their "fix" anyway :lol:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Annoying we have to go in to Ford to get the update, because the owner.ford.com route doesn't show any updates because it thinks I have the latest software :doh:

Sponsored

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Noticed a couple of oddities, on my car, driving along one day the system rebooted itself and forgot it was a RHD car. All the heating controls were reversed which was really weird. Reverted back the next day, or time I drove it.

Not a Mustang, but I've been away over the past couple of days with work, and Enterprise @ LHR furnished me with a little bro Focus equipped with Sync 3. That system locked up and just displayed "Calculating route". Basically the nav function was dead. Fortunately the radio still worked and I knew where I was going.

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
[MENTION=26275]Black Thunder[/MENTION]:
Hi, Has anyone had this, the Navigation Froze when I took a wrong turn and would NOT re-route.I stopped the car after a while locked it and started up again only to find it was in the same place as before.I Managed to get to my location and it was stood for a few hours and worked OK but didn't make a any deviations.
So My question is Can you do a REBOOT? whilst on the move and has anyone else had this problem, do I need to check That the car has the Latest Software if so what is the latest.
Cheers Guys.
Yes, three times (Sync 3, version 2.2, Build 16280_PRODUCT), latest today but.... strangely always in the same location - on the A217 after exiting M25 J8, ign on/off sorts it for me but you can't always do that mid-journey:doh:

[MENTION=20116]downthepub[/MENTION]:
Noticed a couple of oddities, on my car, driving along one day the system rebooted itself and forgot it was a RHD car. All the heating controls were reversed which was really weird. Reverted back the next day, or time I drove it.
I thought I had imagined this! But... definitely, last week was cranking down the driver side a/c in the hot weather after the car had been standing in the sun and the display showed the passenger side changing temp, ign on/off sorted it.

Another oddity with the climate control on mine is that if you use a voice command to set the temp e.g. "Climate Set Temperature 21" then the whole climate system sometimes locks and does not respond to any input, so what do we do?... ign on/off again :headbonk:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hold the power button and fast forward/skip button sync will reboot, if you don't want to do the ign on/off trick.

Mines frozen ONCE, albeit, 4 people were in the car and I was trying to communicate something, and friends started being prats yelling random things. Think Syncs a female it got p1ssed off and went in a mard :lol:

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
Mine started to misbehave whilst we were in Belgium. Always on the same stretch of road too. Luckily I'd read this thread and Steve's post on how to reset it. Navigation portion took a good while to recover itself mind you (about 5 mins each time) post reset. Will see how it goes now I'm back home.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Belgium is a twat of a country to navigate anyway :lol: We got completely caught up in nav hell there last year :lol:
Sponsored