Sponsored

UK sequential indicator supplier

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Yes - despatched from JWR Wednesday and arrived / fitted Thursday.
Thats a shame :(

[MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] could you clear up for us on here, as 'OK/checked' sets now seem to be failing too?

Also, could you advise on an expected shipping date for my item(s) please, via PM or email is fine.

Thanks.
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
[MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION]

Disregard. It just arrived! :)

Ive no car until Wednesday next week, but will advise in due course about reliability.

Cheers

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
Today's update: all seemed OK initially but then had hyperflashing and no indicators at all. After an engine switch off I retried everything and now the driver side seems to work OK in all modes but the passenger side never goes into sequential operation in any mode.

So removed, e-mailed JWR and awaiting a response.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Seems that these (atleast the V3) are destined to fail... Could be to do with something away from the subwoofer (Not sure how it effects them at all, but im not an electrician either), but could also just be poorly made items that have a short life span, much like the proled switchbacks which seem to be a 1/10 success rate :/!

I'm certain knowing [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] from MFUK he'll do the right thing by his customers as he always does :)!

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Installed last night. Drove 500 yards to my friend's house and driver side stopped working. Decided to go and do the stuff i wanted to do. Thought i will just make sure to turn left all the time. Half an hour later, checked and driver side now working again.
Hope someone comes up with a solution soon as this is a great mod.

Sponsored

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Received my set from [MENTION=22085]JWR[/MENTION] today and managed to install just as it got dark.

The bad news - drivers side is OK, hazards are OK but the passenger side
indicates OK for a few flashes then misses a flash or two then works OK (when flashes are missed the dash hyperflashes).

Since it's now dark I'm leaving it until tomorrow - I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting and check if the side indicator also fails as [MENTION=21452]DonKarlos[/MENTION] reported. Might also try switching the units to the opposite side and see what happens.
Darn it , that's unfortunate

please keep me posted on how you get one with any other test you do

this set would have been vehicle tested on our own car thoroughly and worked fine as well as being tested on a non sub woofer car in Oz also , so it seems possible even from car to car issues can occur

for anyone else receiving your delivery do check the goods thoroughly , the batch we received were manufactured and shipped just as the initial problem came to light , once it was established that the problem was not batch related all we could do was further tests to try and find good sets out of the batch and ensure people got only those

the ones we sent out passed all tests on our own sub woofer equipped car any kept back were known only to work on non sub woofer cars

clearly we weren't expecting any issues but couldn't rule it out completely

any faulty set will be replaced with a good set once they come through

as mentioned before the problem appears to have been resolved at the manufacturing point now so just waiting for some test units to prove this 100% and issue of new stock to be able to replace any dodgy units in circulation

cheers

Jason :)

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible

this set would have been vehicle tested on our own car thoroughly and worked fine as well as being tested on a non sub woofer car in Oz also , so it seems possible even from car to car issues can occur

for anyone else receiving your delivery do check the goods thoroughly , the batch we received were manufactured and shipped just as the initial problem came to light , once it was established that the problem was not batch related all we could do was further tests to try and find good sets out of the batch and ensure people got only those

the ones we sent out passed all tests on our own sub woofer equipped car any kept back were known only to work on non sub woofer cars

as mentioned before the problem appears to have been resolved at the manufacturing point now so just waiting for some test units to prove this 100% and issue of new stock to be able to replace any dodgy units in circulation

cheers

I did e-mail you the results of my additional testing and have now returned the lights to stock. Look forward to receiving news on the new units.

Cheers, Peter

Sudaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0

cheers

I take it then, we'll be send the "new" updated good versions when they come out to replace the "ok" not working properly units we have now?

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I've installed mine tonight. Initial signs are GOOD.

I'm commuting in the car tomorrow (50 miles round trip), so if they are going to go haywire, I presume they'll do it within that journey.

Will update tomorrow one way or the other :)

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Keep an eye on them, another owner has reported probs, these seem to be hit or miss

Sponsored

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Quick update for those of you who have not seen my private comms with owners via email etc

Firstly people , please be aware the recent batch we delivered to UK owners were product from 'before the claimed fix'

They were tested on vehicles in Australia (although everyone accepts that may not have helped as they don't have the subwoofer on their cars)

They were then 'tested' here but only on our vehicle , we don't have any complex electronic MOSFET test stations here so we done the obvious tests we could by plugging the products in , running them in all modes , sub in , sub out , engine on , engine off , stereo on , stereo off etc and from that we found 7 good kits , all of them would work on non sub woofer cars , 4 of them on sub woofer cars

now , that never meant in any realm that the product was classed as faultless , we knew from too many other owners that the product could be temperamental so even though they worked for us they may not for you. Sadly that appears to be the case on 2 of the 4 kits so far so things look ominous

That said as we were prepared for this and so are EPM they have been doing their tests and have some confidence they have now covered the problem , I am hopeful of a new shipment leaving Oz on or around the 13th of the month , by courier to speed things up also

That batch effectively replaces what we previously had as we are assuming all units will fail at some point. We will test a kit on our car for a day or so and see if we get some +ve results , that being the case any outstanding orders or people waiting for replacements will be served next and hopefully all will report +ve results

Clearly this is far from an ideal situation , we know the V1 and V2 have been faultless so all we can do is ask people to bear with EPM , they have been more than helpful on this problem and I'm sure will resolve it , unfortunately the lack of cars with subwoofer installs in their country hampers them a little so it has meant to some degree the UK market has ended up a test bed to an extent

we all seem keen to see the product work so any patience you have left while this is put right is appreciated

cheers

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Morning.

Another to add to the failed list I'm afraid. Mine lasted 20mins before going haywire.

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
P.S. we actually had Johns (I believe the OP or one of the early problem cases) set sent back to us , they worked for a while but as soon as we wound the audio up and the sub was pumping they went AWOL again

so for anyone still testing , make sure you give the audio a good workout at some point

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Morning.

Another to add to the failed list I'm afraid. Mine lasted 20mins before going haywire.
as stated above , I think we expected it , that leaves the final set out there that's not been reported on yet but we expect it to have the same issues , see above for next steps :D

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ive been experimenting with mine the last couple of days (mainly because I couldnt be arsed to take the boot to pieces again)!!

At least in my car, the audio seems to make no difference. Its more 'time related' if that makes sense....

Ive done complete journeys with the stereo both on/off and everytime they start to go haywire after approx 20-25mins.

Ive also found that just a few minutes later they will often go back to being OK again.

Always the sub-woofer side that fails (not reversed in a RHD car I believe?).

Has anyone tried wrapping the resistor pack in aluminium foil or similar, to see if it will shield it from whatever EM interference is causing the issue?
Sponsored