Sponsored

OK, explain this to me like a 5 year old - e30 mixing/testing

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
This is an awesome thread. Getting ready to start my e30 tune with Adam and this helps immensely.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PamAndJim

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
This is an awesome thread. Getting ready to start my e30 tune with Adam and this helps immensely.
Glad to hear it. I just filled up again this morning. I've gone through about 8 tanks or so and it's like second nature to me now. Good luck with yours, you'll love the e30.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
So, let me revive this thread...

I live in Europe, where there are no E85 stations. So I am trying to find a supplier of bioethanol and use this to prepare the E30 fuel. It seems that bioethanol content ranges from 96.6 to 100%. Would bioethanol 96.6-100% be OK to use in order to prepare E30?

If it is OK, then as soon as I find a supplier I will update to [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION]'s lifetime tune and will ask Adam to prepare a tune for me. But obviously, I need to find bioethanol first and make sure that it's OK to use...

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Michele thank you for your reply. I will contact these guys tomorrow morning to find out what they are selling exactly (and for how much of course!). If this is E85 and reasonably priced, then it's perfect for what I need (that is to prepare E30). In that case I would buy the E85 Content Test Kit from adamtuned.com, to make sure that the concentration of ethanol is correct - I suggest you do the same too if you plan to use something similar.

Are you currently buying from these guys or from a supplier in Italy? Have you already started using E30 on your Mustang? I guess you have a special tune for that as well.

I wouldn't use denatured ethanol, as it contains other additives that may damage the engine. I will let you know if I find bioethanol, as I have already contacted a couple of suppliers in Europe and I am waiting to hear from them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi Makis,
I have not tried E30 yet, I just placed an order to this company:
https://www.extremecompetition.it/a...carburante-da-competizione-con-bioetanolo-520
Middle of next week I should receive it.

I am adam tuned too, if car will be good with that fuel, I will buy Vargas stage 2 and ethanol content too.

Please inform if you find cheaper pure bioethanol, at the moment I am waiting for a feedback from an Italian company

Have a nice evening

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
This is really expensive! I will let you know when I hear from the suppliers that I bave contacted already. Also please let me know when you get a feedback from the Italian company.

One thing you need to know is that you will have to upgrade your tune for E30. Adam can do that. I am not sure that you can run E30 on your current tune.

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
yes thanks, I will need a fuel tune.

However in Italy gasoline is so expensive that the difference won't be so huge:

1 liter 100 ron is about 1.8 euro :-(
full tank is= 60 x 1.80= 110 euro
ethanol percentage is 5%

to obtain 30%
I need 40 litre Ron 100, 18 L E85
total cost 40 x 1.8€ + 18 x 3€ = 126 euro

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
You are right, minor difference. And I thought gazoline was expensive in Greece :headbonk:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
OK, after looking around a bit (I even contacted the company in your previous post) I realized that bioethanol is really expensive in my country too because of high taxation on ethanol. Damn!...

However...

I found 96.6% and 100% bioethanol (that is sold from some companies for use in fireplaces). The cost is around 19 and 20 euros/10 liters respectively (1.9-2 euros / liter). Not bad at all considering the other alternatives. The same in Germany sells for almost 1.4 euro / liter. Maybe you can find something similar in Italy :shrug:

Sponsored

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi Mak,
thank you for the informations.
Please be careful beacuse the one for fireplaces should be denatured.
I am waiting for details from an italian company in order know which are the addictives

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I know Michele. In contradiction to what I said to my previous post, it seems that denatured bioethanol can be used for what we need! The 96.6% and 100% bioethanol from Hoefer that I mentioned above is denatured with 1% MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) and 0.001 % Bitrex (denatonium benzoate). Both seem to be OK for fuel.

Here is the link (which is in German): https://hoefer-shop.de/haus-und-garten/ethanol-kamine/300/3-x-10-l-bioethanol-premium-96-6?fref=gc

And these are the links for 96.6% and 100% bioethanol in Greece:

https://www.e-greenfire.gr/bioethanol-96-6/

https://www.e-greenfire.gr/bioethanol-100/

Come join our group in Facebook (Mustang Europe), where there is a dicussion on the issue: https://www.facebook.com/groups/897484497071935/

Last edited:

Michele_Italy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost MT
Thank you for the answer and for the invitation

In Italy everthing is so expensive, best price for 100% bioethanol is 2.80 / L

But I am not 100% sure if it's good for the engine... at the moment I will use E85 and I will wait for someone testing fireplace bioethanol :-)

TimHixson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang EB Premium Auto
I am curious as to the gains you are seeing on the E30/E85 mix tunes vs just 93 tune.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I am curious as to the gains you are seeing on the E30/E85 mix tunes vs just 93 tune.
roughly an increase of 30hp/30tq over a 93 tuned car.
Sponsored