Sponsored

Evaporator Core Replacement

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Well, it's my turn.

My car previously had the blower motor assembly and blower control unit replaced last August-ish, and the AC compressor seized around October, so that was replaced. Shortly thereafter, the AC was cool, but never truly cold, and I frequently had to have the system on AC with recirculation enabled to get the car to some semblance of 'cool', and I could only get the car comfortable after about a half hour drive.

After putting the dealer trip off, hot days in South Carolina finally made me go in, and they're replacing it. Of course, they have to order it (after having the car all day), and will require two days to fix the issue (once they receive the part). They promise me a loaner car, but I'm sure they'll try to cheap out on me, as usual...

Has anyone had any follow-up trouble with their evap core, after it's been replaced?

JR
Sponsored

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
is this going to be a recall or tsb anytime soon or is it already?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
From the first day I got my car (it's hot here year round) I noticed a big difference in temp between vent and recirculation.. needless to say I run it recirculating all the time, it is much cooler/blows stronger. I had the evap core replaced a month ago.. no issues yet, thankfully.

The only negative thing I can say after the core replacement, there is a losoe wire that's been cut under the dash on the passenger side.. I have no idea what it's for Lol.. next oil change I'll bring it up.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
is this going to be a recall or tsb anytime soon or is it already?[/QUOTE

Haven't seen any formal notice by Ford.

Wouldn't be surprised to read about a new class action for the evap core assemblies.

As for me, the OEM failed, so did part S, and now I'm at part W. I've read there's a new part Y. Car has less than 9,000 miles.

Working fine so far, but keeping a close eye for strange blower noises, white film in the windshield, strange odors, or strange cooling patterns.

Sponsored

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
is this going to be a recall or tsb anytime soon or is it already?[/QUOTE

Haven't seen any formal notice by Ford.

Wouldn't be surprised to read about a new class action for the evap core assemblies.

As for me, the OEM failed, so did part S, and now I'm at part W. I've read there's a new part Y. Car has less than 9,000 miles.

Working fine so far, but keeping a close eye for strange blower noises, white film in the windshield, strange odors, or strange cooling patterns.
There is a TSB out for this I called the dealer yesterday about it. The TSB does not extend the warranty for this part.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Mines gone bad too. I've had the smell, reduced cooling and white film on the glass.

Dealership just called and told me it was a schrader valve. I called BS. I'm about to make another thread on it.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I live in Phoenix. AC is super-important here.

I'm 2 years into ownership, but I don't drive my Mustang a ton of miles; I have just over 14k on the clock, and I really, really don't want to deal with an out-of-pocket cost on this.

It would be awesome if there were a TSB; this is a source of concern for me!
Sponsored