Sponsored

Help Me Pick An S550 Turbo Kit PLEASE!

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So my Centri Days have run its course with my 2015 GT, very very happy with how far i was able to take it but ive decided its time for something new and am wanting to give the turbo world a try....im looking to make 1200+ wheel HP, looking for reliability, i want a kit that is basically ready to install when it arrives and doesnt need me to find things or massage anything on the car to make it work...important to me is paying for something with great quality but that isnt going to take an indefinate amount of time to get my hands on....im basically ready to pull the trigger now.....seems all the manufacturers build them to order and it takes anywhere from 4-8 weeks.....i can live with this but dont wanna fork over my money and end up waiting 6 months for it......been thinking of the Hellion kit with the 6466 upgrade.....ive been told the Armageddon Kit is basically the best on the market but i cant find any info on them for an S550 and am not one to be on a waiting list.....then there is the HPP kit which i believe is much like the Hellion Kit, seen Joe Holt run the numbers with the LPF kit and then there is also the boost works kit.....any help and input on which kit to go with would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I like Boostworks or LPF. 64 or 67 to make 1200 will get it done. The inter-cooler is the weak link in my opinion on making 1200 on both kits. Sure you can run 190 IAT with E85 but you are killing power at that point. If its a street car you need a good size Garret or Bell core to work.The inter cooler is worth 50HP if making 1200. Do not get the treadstone shit its not up to par. If you are ok with water to air Joe is using an Ebay special and seeing less than 130 IAT on those mid 8 passes. I have the comp oil less and have had zero issues no dealing with oil lines and exhaust smoke is a cool benefit. People will make issues of the stock headers but Joe is on those to. The mass air is another issue at the 1200hp level. You will need to get a pro m. Hope this helps.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We now have a 4.5" thick and 6" thick intercooler core option for all of our kits. We have stock manifold based kits starting at 5995.00, and our 4-1 manifold kits start at 7960.00

Both kits are capable of making your number. The 4-1 kit sounds better with a nice set of headers.

NJDAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Platinum White
My brand new (500 break in miles) 2017 GT premium automatic is going to be finished this week.
The build is: LPF kit 6064 turbos. Supporting mods ( ID1050x injectors, Sai Lai full return fuel system triple Walbro's, Fuel Rails, Areomotive pressure regulator, DSS aluminum drive shaft, Billet oil pump gears & Billet timing chain sprocket, BMR rear suspension components, Turbosmart Eboost-2 boost contoller, HP tuners N gauge. I will report the dyno results & my opinion of the build. The goal is 750 -800 whp on a Mustang dyno @ 12 psi boost.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2qwk4ya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 401a, auto
If I had the money this is the kit I would get.
Upgrade to the pte 6466 turbos
And the Big 4.5in. intercooler with the 2 1/2" intercooler pipes

The quality seems to be great.

https://twinturbomustang.net/

JustinLynn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/PP2
Wouldn't a bottom mounted turbo setup basically end your wet weather driving days? The water on the streets here in Orlando gets pretty deep some days.

Sp33dyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 competition orange
.im looking to make 1200+ wheel HP, looking for reliability, i want a kit that is basically ready to install when it arrives and doesnt need me to find things or massage anything on the car to make it work...important to me is paying for something with great quality but that isnt going to take an indefinate amount of time to get my hands on....

1200 whp and looking for reliability without mention of a a built motor (sleeved)

if it's sleeved/reinforced rock on :headbang:

i just made 800+ on a stock and hoping it lasts a little while. unless funds are avail or if it blows or another motor on a stand, maybe do alil more research? good luck with your build.

Last edited:

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I like the way the hellion kits look, my neighbor makes 1340 with the 64's that come with the kit on e85. Built motor with stock heads and cams. Can't remember boost level.

Sponsored

Wyldeman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 OW Premium
Pretty sure Heinz has a BES built motor. If you can hang tight about a week. Brian & Brandon will have mine finished or at least on the rollers. Twin 67 BW full kit. you will have a chance to at least ask them their opinion about that particular kit & how it compares to the Hellion kits they have installed.

tt5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt Hellion twin turbo
Im pushing 12xx/118x to the wheels through Hellion 62\66 and now its been 4 months so far so good. I got it in 2 weeks BTW

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
For what its worth I have contacted both Coastal dyno, and the shop from Kentucky that went over 1k with the blackbird kit. Both gave very positive feedback with no bias, in that they had nothing to gain. Also at least two reliable vendors recommended by friends on Facebook have pushed me toward them, even though it is a kit and I would do it myself.

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Blackbird kit owner here. Very happy with it, all pieces are high quality. Came after 4 weeks and as far as I can tell its the only kit that has wastegate dump back into the exhaust system making it nice and quiet.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Man I wish you guys would quit talking about 1100-1300hp.
Making me want to order a built motor and twins!
Sponsored