Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Looks killer!
You don't scrape at all when turning your front wheels from lock to lock?
I was lower than that in the front and didn't have issues (10kish miles). He should be fine. Now scraping is another thing lol.
32881312645_bfc6c65637_o.jpg
Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I fed my carbon addition again.

Rear Overlays, Air Vent Overlays, and Shifter Overlay (forgot to take pictures of it, but there is one pic with it :doh:). Still debating on carbon bezels to replace those hydrodripped ones ;)

36627437501_5ac668c7e7_b.jpg

36596779862_415c0b941c_b.jpg

36370003180_a44c635e8d_b.jpg

35932285774_013ba788a0_b.jpg

35932285884_6e9f8d4281_b.jpg

35932286024_711c3283cb_b.jpg

36596782402_b304df0e65_b.jpg

35957645493_d33087d845_b.jpg

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor

Rear Overlays, Air Vent Overlays, and Shifter Overlay (forgot to take pictures of it, but there is one pic with it :doh:). Still debating on carbon bezels to replace those hydrodripped ones ;)
W6DYWal.jpg

Sponsored

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT

Rear Overlays, Air Vent Overlays, and Shifter Overlay (forgot to take pictures of it, but there is one pic with it :doh:). Still debating on carbon bezels to replace those hydrodripped
Nice!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Intervention

I think we should all get together as Mustang6g members and help this guy.:lol:

[ame]

Yes Carbon Addiction is real and is a growing problem here in the U.S.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Yes Carbon Addiction is real and is a growing problem here in the U.S.
Probably a confusion over the meaning of "carbon footprint" :D

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Carbon Footprint

Probably a confusion over the meaning of "carbon footprint" :D
Then Democrats / Liberals should slap a carbon tax on this guy. :lol:

Al Gore will have to talk to this guy too. :lol:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This.. but a few days ago

Smarz1018

ScubaSteve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Eco-boost
New roush side scoops and my new house :)

36634022191_63accdd938_b.jpg

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Actually Saturday thru Tuesday.

I drove from Arizona to Wyoming on Saturday to watch the total eclipse on Monday, giving me a day in case of any problems.

Spent some time with a friend who lives in Casper on Sunday, stayed in his house that night and watched the eclipse the next day with him and his extended family who came in for the eclipse.

The eclipse was relatively boring the first hour plus leading up to the totality. Interesting to watch thru the glasses but not much dimming of the light. I doubt I would have noticed until the actual totality if I didn't know the partial eclipse was happening. Then when the few minutes of totality hit, it was almost like someone turned off the light switch and it was like a night with a full moon. Totally freaked out the hundreds of bees in a nearby garden I was keeping an eye on to see what they would do. They also didn't take any note until the totality, then made a bee-line to the hive.

After the eclipse my plan was to drive a few hundred miles from Casper to avoid the hotel price gouging along the totality path. Problem was, I did not adequately plan for the fact that half of Colorado would be taking the exact same 2 lane blacktop home at the same time. Total gridlock for as far as you could see which is considerable since Wyoming has the second biggest sky (after Montana).

So I started calling motels in Casper. Chain hotels apparently had projected demand after the eclipse to still be high, so they weren't $1,500 like the night before but still in the multi hundreds. And the rest didn't have vacancies which I now suspect is where the quick people had moved from their $1,500 rooms. I was about to give up when I stumbled on the Yellowstone Inn. A call confirmed a vacancy and a rate of $50 (cash only).

When I got there it was the old fashion U shape motel. In the center court, there were maybe 10 identical and very small tents, apparently for guests who thought the rooms were too ostentatious.

When I entered the office, the first thing I saw was a BIG sign saying "If the cops haul you off, no refund!". I figure still better than sleeping in the car. I asked if there are other parking areas in case I didn't want to park next to another car (the rooms were small with one parking spot heavily angled nose in). The clerk said only one other guest owned a car and my room wasn't next to them. LoL

After checking in, I found there was no soap in the room (but there was a half empty tube of toothpaste), so I went back to the office and asked for a bar. The clerk gave me one and apologized saying they don't usually put any in the rooms because guests made too much of a mess with the soap. Still trying to figure that one out. Seriously, if anyone has a clue, please post.

Don't really have anything to say about the half-ply toilet paper other than it was so thin, there must have been about 2,000 sheets on a roll.

Didn't feel like going back to the office when I noticed there were no drinking cups. Fortunately the sink faucet was high enough above the sink you could drink from the flow.

I turned on the light above the head board but nothing happened, so I pulled on the cord to see if it was plugged in and the end came up with no plug on it just two strands of twisted copper sticking out of the insulator. Looking around the room, most of the outlets had radiating burn marks from them. To top it off, no curtains, just blinds that didn't work, so anyone walking by could look in.

The weather required no AC, but I ran the fan on high anyway to drown out any screams or sirens that might interrupt my sleep

Went to sleep early and woke up Tuesday around 2 AM, still alive. I hopped in the Mustang and 13 hours, 983 miles, two gas stops later was home that day around 3 PM in Scottsdale.

On the way, I dodged eight bunnies, two mule deer and five elk although technically the elk were off the road before I got to them, so more braking than dodging. One other bunny I did not successfully dodge. The closest call was one of the mule deer before dawn because it was in the middle of a tiny town and my guard was down.

None of the eclipse pictures turned out, probably because I am clueless about the proper settings. The auto settings didn't work with or without the eclipse glasses over the lense/sensors.

Since I made a similar break in trip last year and posted the pics, I didn't stop to take any pictures of the very scenic route this time. But I did get some pictures of the room. I wanted a picture of the "no refund" sign but the office was closed when I left. Should have got it up front, but that's hindsight.

2eyuxwm.jpg

vnmhpz.jpg

qqztqu.jpg

VNTGSPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Finally got some new shoes! This is part 1 of the mini makeover. Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, and BMR lockout parts are in my garage for part 2!

Niche Essen 20x10 ET40 Square
Michelin PS4 285/35/20
IMG_6287.JPG
IMG_6284.JPG
Sponsored