Sponsored

Oz S550 spotted thread

MisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT coupe, race red, 6AT
Funny that, most people think the standard plates are terrible.
What's wrong with the standard plates? I think they're fine - blue on white is completely inoffensive, unlike the ugly yellow NSW plates. And if most people thought standard plates were terrible, then why does almost every car on the road have them?

In any case, I got the standard plates on mine not only because I think they look fine (the standard plates also show off the "newness" of the car, since they have the updated "education state" slogan and newer "VIC" triangle), but because I'm not a sheep - I prefer to make my own choices and not follow trends or what the dealer thinks looks good on the car (they wanted to put the slim black and white plates on mine before I said NO!). This is also why I put the silver wheels on my car and not the black ones. I want to be unique, and not like everyone else.
Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
What's wrong with the standard plates? I think they're fine - blue on white is completely inoffensive, unlike the ugly yellow NSW plates. And if most people thought standard plates were terrible, then why does almost every car on the road have them?

In any case, I got the standard plates on mine not only because I think they look fine (the standard plates also show off the "newness" of the car, since they have the updated "education state" slogan and newer "VIC" triangle), but because I'm not a sheep - I prefer to make my own choices and not follow trends or what the dealer thinks looks good on the car (they wanted to put the slim black and white plates on mine before I said NO!). This is also why I put the silver wheels on my car and not the black ones. I want to be unique, and not like everyone else.
My suggestion is that you don't disrespect other members choices here.

Slim line plates or black plates may be popular here as well as the rest of the community.

ian b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
GT Manual Deep Impact Blue
Each to their own is the message here.

I do not have an issue with NSW Premium Plates but already had my own plates to put on the car.

If you are happy with standard plates then fine with me, but maybe allow others to make their own choices without criticism.

I have yet to see two mustangs that are exactly the same, this is the beauty of these vehicles they are personal to the owner, and long may that continue.

MisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT coupe, race red, 6AT
My suggestion is that you don't disrespect other members choices here.

Slim line plates or black plates may be popular here as well as the rest of the community.
Fair enough, but at the same time, don't go making sweeping generalising statements like "most people think the standard plates look terrible". Speak for yourself, not others.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Race Red EB coming through Gymea earlier.

The driver was about as friendly as me.

:thumbsup:

I've seen this one around Sutho before.
gymea.jpg

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ruby Red GT FB this morning with factory number plate mounts.

Ugh.
ugh.jpg

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Ugh.
Ruby red, silver rims and factory plate mount. Not a great combination :headbonk:

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
Spotted black stang with red tail lights smashed up with other cars on a truck on the way to work

Last edited:

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Ruby red, silver rims and factory plate mount. Not a great combination :headbonk:
What's not great about it? I had that combination wheels/Ruby Red ordered until the MY18 was revealed and I changed my order.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Spotted black stang with red tail lights smashed up with other cars on a truck on the way to work
Maybe this one above the cabin of the truck on the right hand side of the photo, spotted yesterday on the Western Highway.
black stang.jpg

Last edited:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
What's not great about it? I had that combination wheels/Ruby Red ordered until the MY18 was revealed and I changed my order.
The Factory mounting plate is terrible.

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT

Ugh.
That, sir, is not an enthusiast's vehicle. Doesn't look like they have tinting either :p