Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Is it necessary to remove the sound tube?
I 'm using Lund tune. I asked them to send me the tune before i actually bought the CAI :lol:
Sound tube delete took away some of the cabin 'boom' I got after putting my catback on
Sponsored

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sound tube delete took away some of the cabin 'boom' I got after putting my catback on
Thats really interesting, has anyone else seen this? I might give it a go.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Put mudflaps on that I bought over a year ago. They are quite small and subtle but more importantly will stop the paint chips behind the doors. Wish I had put them on a year ago. I didnt because I thought they would detract from the appearance but I dont think they are very noticeable and will save the paint.
mudflaps1.jpg
mudflaps2.jpg

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
It's scary!!

So are round abouts.

I'm looking forward to Michelin MPSS's. Any feedback from anyone who has these ?
Changed to MPSS very early on, they are night and day compared to the pirelli's in the wet

I am surprised more Mustang drivers haven't put it into a tree or a wall. I saw a supercharged mustang on stock rims and tyres on the weekend. I am sure he will feature in a dash cam owners compilation soon enough :headbonk:

Mqrko

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
where did you get your sound tube delete ?

I was looking at the boomba racing one. But it's $50 for the shipping...

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Changed to MPSS very early on, they are night and day compared to the pirelli's in the wet

I am surprised more Mustang drivers haven't put it into a tree or a wall. I saw a supercharged mustang on stock rims and tyres on the weekend. I am sure he will feature in a dash cam owners compilation soon enough :headbonk:
It's because we are all such careful, considerate drivers :lol:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
where did you get your sound tube delete ?

I was looking at the boomba racing one. But it's $50 for the shipping...
I just used 2x 25mm silicone caps off eBay (cost about $5 I think). Left the last section of pipe attached to the firewall so I didn't have to get back there to remove it. Easy!

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
It's scary!!

So are round abouts.

I'm looking forward to Michelin MPSS's. Any feedback from anyone who has these ?
I likewise will be moving to Michelin pilots SS as soon as I can justify throwing away these Pirelli's.

They are without doubt the worst gripping rubber in the wet I have had for the last 20 years. In fact I think they may be the worst gripping tyres period!

I'd also welcome any feedback on the combo of Mustang GT & the Michelins. However I have a sad feeling that it is more the car than the tyres. I improved my tyre grip enormously when I installed the Shockworks Coilovers, but it still has an appalling lack of grip for a performance car. This lack of grip has been the biggest disappointment for me. I don't mind sliding off a corner at a racetrack, but on the road is a different matter altogether.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto

Hi Aus-Mustang GT

Are the Michelins a direct swap on the original rims? I don't think I could find a set with the same measurements as the stock Pirellis. I wouldn't mind moving to a set of wheels that are 295 on front and a 305 on rear if I could get Michelins PSS for them.

Cheers,
Phil

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
Hi Aus-Mustang GT

Are the Michelins a direct swap on the original rims? I don't think I could find a set with the same measurements as the stock Pirellis. I wouldn't mind moving to a set of wheels that are 295 on front and a 305 on rear if I could get Michelins PSS for them.

Cheers,
Phil
I park next to a supercharged Stang at work (guard green), and he has stock wheels and tyres. I expressed some surprise to him when we talked about it. He didn't seem to fussed (cant be driving it hard enough!).

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Aus-Mustang GT

Cheers,
Phil
I went with the MMR M350 rims, you won't be able to go bigger than 285 on the front without poke.

I am currently running 275/295 staggered. I can run 285/325 (although these Michelin's are US only)

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
I park next to a supercharged Stang at work (guard green), and he has stock wheels and tyres. I expressed some surprise to him when we talked about it. He didn't seem to fussed (cant be driving it hard enough!).
I find the Pirellis fine once they heat up but I usually drive with the tyre pressure monitor showing until it has come up a couple of psi and I know they have heat. It is fun having it slide a bit under power in first and second until the tyres warm up a bit though. I don't bother driving mine in the wet except when we drove to Victoria in March and they weren't too bad in the wet then but it was a lot warmer too. Its not a daily driver.

ICON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic 6MT GT Fastback
Finally got around to getting my Eibach Sportline lowering springs installed today (I actually bought them back when I ordered the car)

The guys at Eurohaus Prestige did the install - figured if they were good enough to work on Italian exotics and other high end Euros, then they were good enough to work on my Yank tank.

What a difference the springs make, not just in appearance but how the car handles and behaves - the only drawback is that the rear end doesn't seem to squat down (and front lift) as much now when launching it hard.

And yes, I know this a lame post without pics... :eek:

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Picked up and installed a Mishimoto H-Pipe.

100% recommended. The build quality is phenomenal. After seeing pictures of the shoddy quality of the CJPP one, I'm glad I went with Mishimoto (even if the manufacturing issues of the CJPP were fixed...)

It adds a little bit extra volume, but it changes the tone massively. It now sounds deeper with a lot more V8 rumble and a hint of rasp when you punch it.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Picked up and installed a Mishimoto H-Pipe.

100% recommended. The build quality is phenomenal. After seeing pictures of the shoddy quality of the CJPP one, I'm glad I went with Mishimoto (even if the manufacturing issues of the CJPP were fixed...)

It adds a little bit extra volume, but it changes the tone massively. It now sounds deeper with a lot more V8 rumble and a hint of rasp when you punch it.
Had my local exhaust shop make/fit H-pipe. Best $250, bang for buck. Has kept me happy for 18months or so. Can't help myself, thinking about going the whole hog now. Engine back system,CAI and tune. Still have about 18months Warranty left. Can i hold out for that long? lol
Sponsored