Sponsored

AWE SwitchPath Demo/Review

magstg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT magnetic
I have the SwitchPath and it does the same noise. I sent sound files to AWE and they eventually sent me a replacement H pipe (took 2 months). You will need to give them $200 core deposit and pay $50 for shipping (non refundable) to get the new one. Had the new one on for 2 days before it started chattering again. I can't recommend getting the SwitchPath even though when it doesn't chatter it does sound crazy. I even did the reset steps that Josh on here provided me to reset the valve. Didn't help.

Best of luck with anyone that buys the SwitchPath. The exhaust sounds great when it works properly but after 2 failed H pipes guess I'll just have to live with it. Only set to ON position on country roads due to sounds so bad when you are in town where others can hear you.
Sponsored

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Too bad, this is the third user here having problems with the valve in this system. I've been looking at going to the Awe brand but not going to take the chance on getting a defective valve.

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Hey all. We're VERY much looking into this. We've sold quite a few of these but there should be no issues, of course. Just wanted to drop in to ensure you know I'm watching and we're totally on it. If there's ever an issue, we'll be here. :thumbsup:

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Hey all. We're VERY much looking into this. We've sold quite a few of these but there should be no issues, of course. Just wanted to drop in to ensure you know I'm watching and we're totally on it. If there's ever an issue, we'll be here. :thumbsup:
No offense but having to wait 2 months, pay a core fee and a non-refundable shipping cost doesn't cut it. That's a lot to ask when you have a defective system, and one of the most expensive systems on the market to boot. I'm sure the regular non switch path systems are flawless.

Sponsored

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Yeah. Not cool man. :mad:

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
No offense but having to wait 2 months, pay a core fee and a non-refundable shipping cost doesn't cut it. That's a lot to ask when you have a defective system, and one of the most expensive systems on the market to boot. I'm sure the regular non switch path systems are flawless.
The lead time during that specific window was due to supply of the actual valves from the valve manufacturer in EU -- it doesn't require two months to create our H-pipe. With that said, we are looking into this directly with the manufacturer, while they conduct testing on a problematic valve. Trust me, it isn't acceptable to us as we didn't experience any issue during our development. We're going to get to the bottom of it, gentlemen.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
The valve just opens and closes an H pipe. Not really all that exciting. True active exhausts offer much more volume difference.

magstg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT magnetic
Guys, wanted to give an update on the valve noise I have experienced on the 2 AWE H pipes. After a couple weeks of driving with the chattering it has seemed to finally sealed itself (hopefully). I've been driving with it in loud position the last couple of days and so far I can't hear the noise anymore. I will continue to keep everyone informed if it changes. I just wanted to give an update to be fair to AWE and Josh.

Also for the ones that haven't heard the system there is a big difference in the sound levels from open to close position. It doesn't relate well in the videos but in person there is, especially above 3k.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Core charge and shipping on a manufacturer defective part?!

Wow, that is a terrible policy for the customer. Glad I learned this before I purchased.

Sponsored
OP
OP

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You will need to give them $200 core deposit and pay $50 for shipping (non refundable) to get the new one.
Yeah, not good.

You should "at least" be able to ship your defective part to them and they will ship the replacement to you. Better companies will pay for the shipping both ways.

I remember buying a USED Hughes and Kettner (German company I think) SwitchBlade 50 guitar amplifier that was missing the foot pedal. I called H&K to get a price to buy one and it was a $200 piece plus whatever shipping. They just shipped one out at no cost to me. It makes a difference because when it comes to guitar gear and H&K has it, I rather buy theirs.

Last edited:

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yeah, not good.

You should "at least" be able to ship your defective part to them and they will ship the replacement to you. Better companies will pay for the shipping both ways.

I remember buying a USED Hughes and Kettner (German company I think) SwitchBlade 50 guitar amplifier that was missing the foot pedal. I called H&K to get a price to buy one and it was a $200 piece plus whatever shipping. They just shipped one out at no cost to me. It makes a difference because when it comes to guitar gear and H&K has it, I rather buy theirs.

Funny thing about customer service practices... bad customer perception and customer service will reach 10+ people. Good customer service and perceptions maybe 3. It's so much better for your business to treat customers well, because after all they are the reason you have a job so do something to respect and recognize that.

And like you said, you make a customer for life... or... you drive away people who would have been and instead never will.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
Yeah, not good.

not to sidetrack but H&K is tops, not my favorite soundwise but those lit up plexi fronts are awesome.

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Core charge and shipping on a manufacturer defective part?!

Wow, that is a terrible policy for the customer. Glad I learned this before I purchased.
The deposit is returned upon receipt of what's being returned or exchanged. This is how we ensure we are getting the old parts back so we can do a thorough analysis and address root causes. Without getting old parts back, we can't determine what has gone wrong. It's a practice that the best companies do: the ones that want to actually address defects and not treat their parts as disposable.

In the end we're here to help enhance your experience behind the wheel of your car, and having fun while doing it. Period. :)
Sponsored