89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Had mine replaced last month and it was a "y"
Ditto for me... just had it replaced and I watched him look up the part. Y is the latest for a GT. V for Ecoboost.

Z may be for right-hand drive cars. That is still unconfirmed.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I chose the third option on the poll but I guess that's not really correct. They just said it was low on freon and recharged it. They couldn't find a leak but I would imagine they didn't check the evaporator. So far it's working but it's only been about a week.
A car that is 2 years old needing a recharge either never had enough refrigerant or it has a leak. I've never had to charge any car I've ever owned except for one that had a leaking compressor.

I work in the A/C industry. Residential unit leak specs have gotten ridiculously tight, and I expect the automotive industry has gone the same way due to EPA regs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I work in the A/C industry. Residential unit leak specs have gotten ridiculously tight, and I expect the automotive industry has gone the same way due to EPA regs.
Wonder what the EPA thinks of all these Mustangs leaking Freon into the atmosphere. And what about health impact issues of people breathing leaked Freon inside the car?

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Wonder what the EPA thinks of all these Mustangs leaking Freon into the atmosphere. And what about health impact issues of people breathing leaked Freon inside the car?
Lets get somethin good straight.

Its no more Freon. Its called refrigerant. Freon was name of the refrigerant which was used before but after harmful impacts to environment different refrigerants are being used.

So all refrigerants are not Freon , Freon is a patented name of refrigerant made my a specific company which is not being used nowadays.

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
just to add above .

All new air conditioners and heat pumps use R-410A, the more “environmentally sound” refrigerant

and this new refrigerant is not Freon. Freon was trademark of company called The Chemours Company

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
All new air conditioners and heat pumps use R-410A, the more “environmentally sound” refrigerant.
The S550 is using refrigerant R-134a. Even though it's "safer" than "Freon", it's still illegal to vent R-134a into the atmosphere.

Stopthisfall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
Was driving home and a very hard vibration started from the front end. Took it to ford today and they said the evaporator core failed again. Second time this happened now. At least I'm doing the door latch recall and oil change while it's there. Now my dash is going to rattle even more. Time to trade this thing in for a new one or something else

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was driving home and a very hard vibration started from the front end. Took it to ford today and they said the evaporator core failed again. Second time this happened now. At least I'm doing the door latch recall and oil change while it's there. Now my dash is going to rattle even more. Time to trade this thing in for a new one or something else
I'm not sure I understand why there was a vibration.

Stopthisfall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
I dont either. I came to a stop and the car dipped in rpm and the fan started to make wooshing sounds. Then the rom dropped and stayed right below idle or a rough idle and the car began to shake. I pressed the power button and the car took 3 seconds or so to turn off. I started it and it was fine then I started to turn the ac on and off and it started to shake again. I had to keep turning the car pff and on to get home. When the car would shake the power would seem like it was in limp mode. I thought it could have been TBPS troubles but when I called Ford to check on it the lady on the phone said the ac was leaking.

Sponsored

Stopthisfall

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6
It was the Evap core yet again after last time they said they installed the newest design that fixed the problem. Picking her up today. The car had little to no refrigerant so the guy said the vibrations were from the ac compressor kicking on and off without the refrigerant in it...I don't know if I believe that but lets see if the vibrations come back.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
It was the Evap core yet again after last time they said they installed the newest design that fixed the problem. Picking her up today. The car had little to no refrigerant so the guy said the vibrations were from the ac compressor kicking on and off without the refrigerant in it...I don't know if I believe that but lets see if the vibrations come back.
that compressor thin is a lie.. reason.. ur compressor has a cut off... if refrigerant is less than a level it never kicks , thats like safety swicth

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine had to be completely empty, too, as it was blowing nothing but warm air. Eventually, I just turned the A/C completely off.

But, until I turned it off, there was no vibration at all. Maybe at least question it... say some others were in the same boat with no vibrations... see what he says. Good luck! :thumbsup:

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer stated it was a folded/kinked gasket at the firewall connection.
Working great ever since...

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
I just got off the phone with the dealership, $100 to diagnose the problem and from there if it is the evaporator the dealership says they will go to battle for me with Ford to get "compensation" to subsidize the cost of the repair. I am happy about that but not happy that Ford is not covering the cost of this defect. 42K miles and I have to come out of pocket for something that is a known issue.
Sponsored