Sponsored

Help Me Decide: Sell Whipple for Twins?

2-tone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt m6
If you're goal of low 10s on the stock engine is a long term goal go whipple. It will do that all day long. Whipple cars are nasty from a roll and pull hard all the way to 8k. I'm pullied for 22psi and this bitch screams. You should do the billet opg and a timing sprocket with either option. If you think there is any chance you will want more than 900 rwhp in the future go with the tt and do a sleeved shortblock before turning it up. I'm close to max effort with my whipple setup and I will probably be adding nitrous at some point to reach my goal.
Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The whipple is an awesome blower, very capable of big results, especially if tuned by PBD. I prefer the way turbos pull up top, freight train, as well as the option to precisely control the boost. My off the shelf Hellion kit goes 156mph in the qtr and 190mph in the 1/2 mile, hard to compare those numbers, makes 1100whp through stock manifolds, under $8000 when I bought the kit 14 months ago.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I would rather spin my motor 7000 rpm with turbo's vs 8000 plus with a blower and make the same if not more power as well as a big increase in torque.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
NOW will the whipple keep up with the tt vets, gtrs and BIG HP cars? Hell no. That's because the Whipple can't make the big power needed.
Saw a Stage 3/93 Whipple tuned Boss run down a GT-R from an on ramp today. So many YouTube videos of PD blower cars raping TT cars from a roll.

OP, enjoy the trouble free Whipple for now (do the whine mod). When you max it out and blow your motor you can switch up just like jhatley. Just be prepared to lose your ass and wait on stuff to sell, show up, and get installed.

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Reds197 has had a 9sec Whipple and a 9sec twin, I would ask him.

My opinion, stick with the Whipple you have. All the power you need for a stock block.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Since you already have it id stick with the whipple then focus on sorting out the car, suspension, wheels tires, chassis.

Seems to happen more often than not people can spit out a big dyno number but doesnt run for crap at the track.

Personally Id rather rip off some low 10s and care less about the dyno #s and enjoy every single mile with a smile rather than changing the setup 285726586 times lol!!

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Most stock motor stage 2 Whipple cars go 135 - 137 mph maybe 140, turbo's go 145 plus falling out of a tree you don't need a dyno # to tell you which makes more power. Having said that most of the time a Whipple will front half better than a turbo but the turbo will always run down the blower car and run a stronger back half to win the race.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
OP
OP
TooSoonJunior

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Very helpful guys, I think its an easy choice to just stick with the Whipple for now. I really do like the idea of getting used to the car at the 800whp level and really sorting it out, getting some low 10 slips. While my last car was 850whp, it was an auto and a very easy car to drive. I have most of what I think I will need purchased already for the driveline and suspension (save the trans as someone else noted, very close to a release of the billet MT82 gearsets which I will wait for) but as I learned with my last car, takes a long time to get it all to work together properly.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Are people even going to rebuild mt82s for that kind of power once people get to that level isnt going to tremec a better option?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Are people even going to rebuild mt82s for that kind of power once people get to that level isnt going to tremec a better option?
The TR 6060 was an option but they are getting hard to find as for the Magnum XL I have personally seen 3 that have had INPUT shaft bearing and gear wearing problems. I believe it is caused by the Quick Time bellhousing not being aligned properly I spoke with Ben Calimer about it and he has seen the same problems. I am gonna wait on the MT 82 gear set that way I won't have to run any digital boxes and everything will work as intended, I'm just curious if it will be a double overdrive or will it maintain a 1 to 1 5 th gear which I think would be a stupid idea. Also curious about the gear ratios as I'd like to maintain my 373s.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Nothing was done to the tranny besides the Mcleod RXT and the lightened steel flywheel :headbang:
You guys beat on that car pretty hard from what I've seen in the videos, so how is it that your tranny survived with the RXT and many others have broken there's shortly after installing that clutch ?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The TR 6060 was an option but they are getting hard to find as for the Magnum XL I have personally seen 3 that have had INPUT shaft bearing and gear wearing problems. I believe it is caused by the Quick Time bellhousing not being aligned properly I spoke with Ben Calimer about it and he has seen the same problems. I am gonna wait on the MT 82 gear set that way I won't have to run any digital boxes and everything will work as intended, I'm just curious if it will be a double overdrive or will it maintain a 1 to 1 5 th gear which I think would be a stupid idea. Also curious about the gear ratios as I'd like to maintain my 373s.
I'm tossing the idea around of the stg2 6060 or waiting for the gears my self. I spoke to Ben as well. I wonder how much the billet gears will be. I hope they offer some longer ratios similar to the 2.97s. I recently toned down my build plans last we spoke about th400s and glides. I got to thinking that being a high 7 second street car is a lonely place to be. Not sure what I was thinking. Guess i was still applying track mentality. No point in spending so much if no one is a challenge enough to use it all. Let alone many in general. Looking for 8.5s to 8.8s in the 160-163 range. I'm used to rowing into the mid 8s :D
Sponsored