Sponsored

Roush Stage 1 or Procharger

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For your application I would go VMP stage 2. If your not going to add a converter then in my opinion you will enjoy the TVS more than you would a centrifical .
Sponsored

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
I'm sure you will be thrilled with either setup. I went TVS because I prefer that power delivery on a street only driven car. I would definitely look into some basic suspension upgrades while you're at it. Locking down the rear end will go a long way when wheel spin is inevitable on a boosted coyote.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
i've been running the base procharger HO kit for about 10k miles now (30k on car) and it's been great so far! installation is straightforward, and the maintenance has been easy.

i took a look at some of my recent logs, sitting at idle inbetween heats at the track i have ambient temp as 88F and intake temp as 93F. At the end of the 1/4 the highest temp i see is 136F, and at that point it's still holding rock solid at 20deg advance with the stock HO pulley (should be about 8 psi??).

regardless of ambient temps the car always traps a gear limited 125 MPH in the 1/4. same couldnt be said about gt500s and zl1s that start to trap ~110-115 when the weather gets hot..

i also have stock headers and a catback, and with a custom tune the car put down 630whp. this prob sounds like a big sales pitch lol but the kit's been real solid so far. if i had to do over again i'd go for the HO tuner kit and run 52lb injectors (cheaper), and get it dyno tuned or lund/vmp/whatever. skip the BAP with the HO kit and pulley.
Thanks for the honest review. :)

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
For the price of the procharger and the ease of install. Their HO system is hard to beat. We have put that intercooler to the test. We have made 758RWHP on that intercooler and with ambient temps of 96* at the end of a 4th gear pull Inlet air temps were 118*.

And the system is 100% reversible if you decide to change cars you can pull the system back off and sell it complete. Ill disagree on those who said that the tune doesn't work. It may not make the most power, but that's not its intent. But the tune works just fine everytime we have used it. The car makes safe power that way and is drive-able. Its not meant to be comparable to a custom dyno tune. I think a lot of people make that mistake.

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I went Procharger Stage 2 and love every aspect of it If I want to drive around with my family its a normal car no problem. If I want to give a spanking to whomever I come across on the highway no problem there either.

I did considered TVS and whipple coming from an 01 Lightning the blower wine was something I really wanted back. But when you balance both an install I can handle alone in my garage over one weekend and the cost terry from beefcake can get you on a tuner kit its hard to go with anything other than a procharger in my opinion it just seemed like the total package I wanted and if I ever choose to go back to stock I can take it off just as easily.

I like you didnt plan on doing OPG/Crank Sprocket, but its so easy to keep adding easy power to these machines its gonna be going in soon enough.

I would also second the custom tune road, If you do end up adding more mods its always good to upgrade your tune as you go along. I would recommend talking to [MENTION=20966]diablomatt[/MENTION] when you get a chance. He has helped me every since the beginning of my Force Induction Journey

Sponsored

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
what is the difference between the procharger HO complete kit and the stage 2

Davepurp

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Stage 2 has a dedicated 8 rib pulley system, and larger standard intercooler

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
My big concern with procharger is I dont have time to get a custom tune or data log on the streets in virginia 20 miles over the speed limit is a reckless and i got 4 of them thankfully a lawyer got them dismissed. So i dont want to risk it again. So which company provides the best canned tune from roush, whipple or procharger

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My big concern with procharger is I dont have time to get a custom tune or data log on the streets in virginia 20 miles over the speed limit is a reckless and i got 4 of them thankfully a lawyer got them dismissed. So i dont want to risk it again. So which company provides the best canned tune from roush, whipple or procharger
No offense but if you can't data log do to legal concerns, you may want to re think adding 200+ more horsepower to the car.

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Well I might not be racing but I do tend to enjoy more power when accelerating, or going to the drag strip

OP
OP

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I really like the fact that with a procharger you don't have to modify the block.....what's the hardest part in installing the procharger

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
whatever kit you decide on I personally think you'll be happy. You're not too far from us, whatever kit you purchase we'd love to help you out with install and get you on the dyno to help with datalogging:)

With Lund tuning our cars remotely I really think you'll be happy with any kit!