Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Good luck... let us know how it goes!
Stopped by the dealer today, as they have had the car for two days and I felt the time to diagnose the problem doesn't take that long to figure out.

The evaporator is definitely toast and he also said I had a slight crack in the high pressure line to the compressor. It wasn't all the way through, but it too will be replaced. I'm not sure what he saw, but my UV test did not show any signs of cracks or leaks in the engine compartment. I wonder if I get to keep the old parts. After all, I'm not covered under warranty. This happens again, I'm doing the work myself.

Estimate at this time is $2200.00 to repair. :eyebulge: 10 hours of labor at $124.00 per hour. The rest is parts, and their prices are not discounted. Unfortunately they cannot start right away to fix it, as the high pressure line is on Nationwide back order. :frusty: Sounds familiar.

I'm due to take the car back in around the middle of August. Hoping the part will be available then. I asked him to keep the ticket open and call me when parts arrive. "Oh the pain, the pain."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
so, 2200 bucks every few years is the maintenance required for the A/C system on this car.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Last edited:

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I picked up my car this morning while the dealer orders parts for my car. I'd rather it be parked in my garage than out on their lot.

I don't have a good feeling about the level of service for the repair I'm about to recieve, due to the fact that I found the part to the glove box that slows the travel down sitting in the passenger seat and also a scratch on the passenger door handle. There was also grease stains from a hand on the drivers side door.

When I got home I had also looked under the hood and the low pressure line cap for the schrader valve was missing. I later found it on the radiator cowl cover. Needless to say the pressure from the hood made a few gouges in the cowl cover.

I'm seriously contemplating doing the work myself. If I only had the shop manual I'd attempt it.

Frustrated...

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
Have fun with that. I would just find a reputable dealer. Seems like that one doesn't have a very good service dept

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to [MENTION=9750]89Trooper[/MENTION] I just ordered the deluxe manual. I'll be cancelling my appt and the parts and I'll be picking up the parts from another source. My dealer was charging over $500.00 for the evaporator assembly.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Have fun with that. I would just find a reputable dealer. Seems like that one doesn't have a very good service dept
Problem is, the dealer I ordered my car from as well as two other dealers in my area all have lousy reviews online for service.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Took it in today.

Dealer called and said that they located a leaking valve in the aircon system which has been replaced and the system regassed.

Claims that the compressor isn't the issue on this occasion (but did admit that this is a known fault with the car).

Have since picked it up and can confirm that it's icy cold again and no longer making gargling noises or blowing white powder.

I'm a little skeptical, but hoping it lasts.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone know of a better quality aftermarket evaporator that's available or maybe one from another vehicle that can be fitted.

RafaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, PP, Ruby Red
Dropping my car off at the dealer today after work. Cool air out of the passenger side vents and WARM air on the drivers side. It's a 16 GT with 5,800 miles... :shrug:

We'll see what they say.

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dropping my car off at the dealer today after work. Cool air out of the passenger side vents and WARM air on the drivers side. It's a 16 GT with 5,800 miles... :shrug:

We'll see what they say.
Let's guess your new evaporator part number:

GR3Z-19850-V

If they tell you it ends in something "less" than a V, tell them there is a newer version available.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I think the S550 is the rolling "test bed" for new AC evaporator designs ... :doh:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Let's guess your new evaporator part number:

GR3Z-19850-V

If they tell you it ends in something "less" than a V, tell them there is a newer version available.
you don have to uess.

Eb-V

GT-Y

GT-RHD --Z
Sponsored