2018 Mustang Exhaust mode video

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Well, it is a standalone option, in that is it not part of any other packages.

It's a tiered option, sure. But still standalone.
Right, but from what it sounds like is if you're buying from the dealer and want a premium package the active exhaust will be installed.

I think it's a neat feature, but probably useless unless the other modes are loud enough to justify going quiet.

My deal is I feel like they could've developed something else instead, such as HUD.
Sponsored

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Right, but from what it sounds like is if you're buying from the dealer and want a premium package the active exhaust will be installed.

I think it's a neat feature, but probably useless unless the other modes are loud enough to justify going quiet.

My deal is I feel like they could've developed something else instead, such as HUD.
I have only driven one car with a HUD (Camaro just a few years back), and to me, it was an absolute gimmick and waste of money/time/effort. I also think it gives the driver a false sense of security. You have focus your eyes on the windshield. Your eyes cannot focus on something just over arm's lenght and 20 feet away at the same time. To me it would be very easy to rear-end someone (or run over a pedestrian) while your eyes were focused on the windshield. Just my experience from driving the Camaro around the Houston Convention Center in stop and go traffic...

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
I have only driven one car with a HUD (Camaro just a few years back), and to me, it was an absolute gimmick and waste of money/time/effort. I also think it gives the driver a false sense of security. You have focus your eyes on the windshield. Your eyes cannot focus on something just over arm's lenght and 20 feet away at the same time. To me it would be very easy to rear-end someone (or run over a pedestrian) while your eyes were focused on the windshield. Just my experience from driving the Camaro around the Houston Convention Center in stop and go traffic...
I wonder how different the HUDs are between manufacturers. The one in my family's 5 series was amazing and kept me from almost ever looking down. Same on a loaner 3 series I had. You can adjust the positioning until it's perfect and it just kind of floats out there, worked like a charm, and I'd welcome in into my Mustang in a heartbeat.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Okay so now I'm confused. On the Ford Mustang build site, active exhaust is not included in the GT Premium - you have to add it as a standalone option. But I'm reading some posts here that imply that it is automatically included in the Premium trim. Which is it?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but there is no way it's included in the Premium Package.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

So that was the point of my questioning the Borla rep. I think his information is incorrect, becuse it wouldn't be an additional option if it was already included in the Premium vehicles.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
AWE Switchpath Exhaust

Other options for 2015-2017 Ford Mustangs.

[ame]

:ford:

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Apologize in advance for the long answer but there's more to this question than you might think. Great question btw....

The only cars that will have the bi-modal exhaust architecture are the North American Premium Edition GT and all GT Global Cars.

Hi David, Thanks for your detailed explanation of what you are going to provide for the MY18. I imagine that the GT Global cars made for Australia will not come standard with the bi-modal exhaust but rather have it as an option. If that is the case do I understand you correctly that without taking up the option to have an OEM bi-modal the car will still have the required architecture ready for your bi-modal exhaust.
We design and manufacture the Ford Performance By Borla Exhaust Systems so I have some inside info but I'm only repeating what our contacts at Ford tell me. What I've been told is that all global cars will have the bi-modal exhaust, there is no option. However, my sources may not be correct.

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Okay so now I'm confused. On the Ford Mustang build site, active exhaust is not included in the GT Premium - you have to add it as a standalone option. But I'm reading some posts here that imply that it is automatically included in the Premium trim. Which is it?

Active Exhaust can be added for $895 as a standalone option to the following models

Base GT 301A

Premium GT 400A and 401A

This feature has received a large amount of press and when dealers are ordering the Premiims for their lot they will most likely have these on most of their lot models because of the interest. This "forces" some people to buy it because the options for Premium without AE would be more rare. Most people buying the premium in any trim will most likely appreciate the AE for the cost and dealers don't want to order models that the public might not want to buy as quickly.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Great Information

Active Exhaust can be added for $895 as a standalone option to the following models

Base GT 301A

Premium GT 400A and 401A

This feature has received a large amount of press and when dealers are ordering the Premiims for their lot they will most likely have these on most of their lot models because of the interest. This "forces" some people to buy it because the options for Premium without AE would be more rare. Most people buying the premium in any trim will most likely appreciate the AE for the cost and dealers don't want to order models that the public might not want to buy as quickly.
Yes that looks like a value purchase option for a 2018 Ford Mustang :thumbsup:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2015-2017 Ford Mustangs

You realize this is a thread about the 2018, right? We get it that you want everyone to know that you made the best choice by going for the 2017.
Just pointing out the available aftermarket options for 2015-2017 Mustang owners. I know everybody wants to talk about the shiny new 2018 Mustang,
But its always good to inform would be buyers of 2015-2017 Mustangs (Yeah
They are still being sold) about their options. ;)

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
Get ready to drop $2000+ on a catback...and ya'll thought 15+ prices were expensive.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
So, assuming that active exhaust IS a standalone option on the Premium GT, will one have to choose that option in order to be able to upgrade to Borla's upcoming active exhaust system?
Sponsored