PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I have an iPhone. Switched over last year, been holding from going back to Android on hopes that the iPhone 8 is amazing. I would love something honestly.

iPhone 8 is gonna be like every other iPhone. I think there's an acronym for it...

idolized
Proprietary
Handheld
Overpriced
Niche
Electronics

Okay, I just made that up...
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
iPhone 8 is gonna be like every other iPhone. I think there's an acronym for it...

idolized
Proprietary
Handheld
Overpriced
Niche
Electronics

PRICELESS! :D

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone

idolized
Proprietary
Handheld
Overpriced
Niche
Electronics

LMAO You always make my day Patrick :lol:

Here's the catch with Apple Car Play. (It's not free lol. It's not a jailbroken add-on or anything like that). It's a device that will send and receive command for Android to iPhone and translate everything for Android OS. It's not cheap and the only way for me to get it a little cheaper is to do a 10 unit group buy. However, I'm still looking around with other manufacturer to hopefully find it cheaper or make it differently. For AA It's simple I know my exploit works. I actually tried it last week again. :D

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

idolized
Proprietary
Handheld
Overpriced
Niche
Electronics

I think you mean like every OTHER phone at this point. There isn't a single phone on the market worth it's price anymore IMO. I've owned them all. I usually bought 2-3 phones a year upgrading and crap (4 lines, do the ol swap-a-roo/quick upgrade). The leaked images of the iPhone 8 and the bezel-less screen look nice. I don't care for the G8 because of the edge. Had the 6E+, didn't like it. Somehow always managed to swipe it accidently. Now that I got out of tinkering with phones, the iPhone has been acceptable for more because I'm not trying to customize everything. Outside of the good build quality and decent cameras of the iphone, there is not really much about them worth owning IMO.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you mean like every OTHER phone at this point. There isn't a single phone on the market worth it's price anymore IMO. I've owned them all. I usually bought 2-3 phones a year upgrading and crap (4 lines, do the ol swap-a-roo/quick upgrade). The leaked images of the iPhone 8 and the bezel-less screen look nice. I don't care for the G8 because of the edge. Had the 6E+, didn't like it. Somehow always managed to swipe it accidently. Now that I got out of tinkering with phones, the iPhone has been acceptable for more because I'm not trying to customize everything. Outside of the good build quality and decent cameras of the iphone, there is not really much about them worth owning IMO.

Because I DO change everything I can (like my LED notification blink- Yellow for text, Blue for Social media, Green for email, and red for missed call) and the always on display is nice. I have the Galaxy S8+ now and really like it. I didn't like the S5, S6, or S7 though. I had switched to HTC and LG during that time with the G5, G6, V10, V20, M7, and M8. I get 3 upgrades a year, and definitely use them!
I think because there's a lot more variety with Android phones, it makes it easier for me. With Apple, you can just pick which iPhone you want lol. I've never been a fan of proprietary stuff. Android wants to play with everyone on the playground, Apple wants to show everyone they have cookies, but won't share.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
Because I DO change everything I can (like my LED notification blink- Yellow for text, Blue for Social media, Green for email, and red for missed call) and the always on display is nice. I have the Galaxy S8+ now and really like it. I didn't like the S5, S6, or S7 though. I had switched to HTC and LG during that time with the G5, G6, V10, V20, M7, and M8. I get 3 upgrades a year, and definitely use them!
I think because there's a lot more variety with Android phones, it makes it easier for me. With Apple, you can just pick which iPhone you want lol. I've never been a fan of proprietary stuff. Android wants to play with everyone on the playground, Apple wants to show everyone they have cookies, but won't share.
There are definitely some pretty nice, cheaper, Android options out there as well. The Honor, ZTE, and even the Moto G5+ are nice phones for a lot less than the S8 (the S8 is great mind you, but holy shit expensive).

I would love to be in that ecosystem, but my work insist on me having an iPhone, and since they pay for it I'm stuck.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are definitely some pretty nice, cheaper, Android options out there as well. The Honor, ZTE, and even the Moto G5+ are nice phones for a lot less than the S8 (the S8 is great mind you, but holy shit expensive).

I would love to be in that ecosystem, but my work insist on me having an iPhone, and since they pay for it I'm stuck.
I treat my phone like my car... I'm always gonna have a car payment, and always gonna be paying for a phone. I loved the LG G5, it survived a couple deployments with me, without a case, and no scratches. Then I got the S8 Plus and the screen is SO much nicer, which is important to me, purely for the amount of noots the wife sends me.

poorfortune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
'16 Base GTPP - Deep Impact Blue
I treat my phone like my car... I'm always gonna have a car payment, and always gonna be paying for a phone. I loved the LG G5, it survived a couple deployments with me, without a case, and no scratches. Then I got the S8 Plus and the screen is SO much nicer, which is important to me, purely for the amount of noots the wife sends me.
Hehe.

You are definitely right about the S8 screen. It is fantastic. I really fell in love with the Pixel, but work slapped my hands when I tried to get one.

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone dealt with Phoenix Android Radios? Was looking at buying a tesla gen 2 radio. Is this the only place you can buy and gen? Forgive me I have not read all 210 pages. They can get me one in a week. $589

Sponsored
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone dealt with Phoenix Android Radios? Was looking at buying a tesla gen 2 radio. Is this the only place you can buy and gen? Forgive me I have not read all 210 pages.
I have a supplier offering them to me for $340 each plus shipping... But it would require another group buy, and I have one in process already on a different unit.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Not gonna lie, I'm glad I moved on from the Tesla unit. It's a cool novelty, but very niche, and lacks a lot of convenience features important to me.
IMO the tesla is the BBIC (best bling in class) and maybe the most impressive transformation possible for base owners. I however likewise value buttons over touchscreens for anything that requires hands free operation, like climate and audio controls.

Truth be told im glad the 10.2 fell through cause i can keep my buttons with the 8 lol

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Kinda thinking the same thing...especially after hearing the "blinding" remark about the tesla style. I really took a good look at the console the other day and what I mean is I really focused and pictured the different screens...and along the lines of "blinding"; whilst the 10 would be impressive, I think it would be a bit overwhelming from day to day and the 8 would be better in that aspect. What I don't like about the 8 is that it is recessed and has those angled borders around the screen...I wish it was flat all the way across like the 10...oh well, can't have everything I suppose, lol.
Sponsored