2018 Australia

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
From the videos we have seen already, the loud/normal mode is infinitely louder and better sounding than previous standard exhaust.
And those videos are of a US Mustang ;)

Remember, we have messed up headers as well (maybe that will be fixed in the new version?)
Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

Remember, we have messed up headers as well (maybe that will be fixed in the new version?)
Headers don't have much to do with it. U.S spec MY 15/16/17s are quiet as well. It's mostly what's after the header's that will determine how load it is. Just listen to aftermarket cat backs on AUS spec cars. Or even just an axle back. I only had the resonator removed and that lifted volume noticeably.

OP
OP
Gibbo

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.

I’m sincerely hoping that the new “world engine” will have a new “world exhaust system path” that can accomodate RHD and LHD without having to be bent around the RHD steering box thus constricting flow.

Apart from some pics showing the “dead stingray” sitting atop the new motor, ive seen nothing showing the engine/ headers etc of the new motor.

Anyone got detailed engine bay pics?

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Has anyone spoken to dealers regarding a time frame for spec and pricing?

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Has anyone spoken to dealers regarding a time frame for spec and pricing?
I posted a question on a Ford Australia Facebook thread asking when we can expect spec and price for the 2018.

They replied to me that they expect to see the 2018 update arriving late next year, and unlikely that anything will be released regarding spec and pricing until early next year.

Sponsored

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I posted a question on a Ford Australia Facebook thread asking when we can expect spec and price for the 2018.

They replied to me that they expect to see the 2018 update arriving late next year, and unlikely that anything will be released regarding spec and pricing until early next year.
Hmm they would certainly want you to think that...

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
From reading the USA posts about the 2018 pricing it appears almost certain that Aussie cars will be around $10,000 more expensive than the 2015-17 prices.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
From reading the USA posts about the 2018 pricing it appears almost certain that Aussie cars will be around $10,000 more expensive than the 2015-17 prices.
$10k up? Don't think so. Our dollar is up 10% as well. This alone can keep price down. I could imagine about $5k, give or take.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Totally depends on what mish mash of packs we get
We will probably get a 3/4 spec MY18 car, like the current one. One spec with few options. This also keeps price down. This has worked a treat, as far as sales go this time. So, same same. One thing i would bet on, is auto braking,lane departure warning,blind spot monitoring and maybe even adaptive cruise being standard. This will result in a better NCAP/ANCAP rating that Ford would like.

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
The Tech Pack option for the Escape is around $1300, just to give some indication. Of the features mentioned by Mick it doesn't have Automatic Braking. It does have Adaptive Cruise Control which works a treat on the motorways!

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
We will probably get a 3/4 spec MY18 car, like the current one. One spec with few options. This also keeps price down. This has worked a treat, as far as sales go this time. So, same same. One thing i would bet on, is auto braking,lane departure warning,blind spot monitoring and maybe even adaptive cruise being standard. This will result in a better NCAP/ANCAP rating that Ford would like.
Yeah Id agree there, they were hit hard by the bad press of the low rating so they will preference the parts that will increase it the most.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
One thing i would bet on, is auto braking,lane departure warning,blind spot monitoring and maybe even adaptive cruise being standard. This will result in a better NCAP/ANCAP rating that Ford would like.
The MY18 only received a 3 star Euro NCAP rating so Ford AU may decide it's not worth including everything and driving the cost up for such marginal improvement. I'm certain there'll be more safety features than than current car but don't count on the full compliment.

TBH I have almost everything in the Ranger I just bought and have turned most of it off anyway. Lane keeping was annoying, Collision avoidance I haven't turned off yet but I have turned it down to the lowest sensitivity as it was driving me nuts in Sydney traffic and even then it's still a bit annoying. Haven't tried adaptive cruise yet. If that works it might be a feature worth having if you do a lot of highway travel.

I'm happy to just have the crash safety stuff, airbags etc. The other stuff just gets in the way from my experience.

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
$10k up? Don't think so. Our dollar is up 10% as well. This alone can keep price down. I could imagine about $5k, give or take.
They will need to drop options to do that. The Australian market most often gets fully specced imports, Ford did that with the mustang but also reduced the ability to option basic things i.e. different interior colour.

If Ford stick to the norm and we get PP (up in price materially in the USA), bi modal exhaust, the safety upgrades and the magnetic suspension it will clearly add around $10k to the price. My bet (because I do agree $10k will be a shock) will be no magnetic suspension and possible no bimodal exhaust.

Fully specced Stangs in the USA are coming in at around US$50k.

Cost increases in US dollars for 2018 versus 2017 are roughly $3500 on the GT, $1500 for PP, $1500 for the safety pack, $1700 for the magnetic suspension and $1000 for the exhaust. Add all that up and a fully loaded Aussie model would be about AUD$13,000 more than 2017 prices. Drop the exhaust and suspension and just maybe it will come in $7500 - $10,000 more expensive.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
They will need to drop options to do that. The Australian market most often gets fully specced imports, Ford did that with the mustang but also reduced the ability to option basic things i.e. different interior colour.

If Ford stick to the norm and we get PP (up in price materially in the USA), bi modal exhaust, the safety upgrades and the magnetic suspension it will clearly add around $10k to the price. My bet (because I do agree $10k will be a shock) will be no magnetic suspension and possible no bimodal exhaust.

Fully specced Stangs in the USA are coming in at around US$50k.

Cost increases in US dollars for 2018 versus 2017 are roughly $3500 on the GT, $1500 for PP, $1500 for the safety pack, $1700 for the magnetic suspension and $1000 for the exhaust. Add all that up and a fully loaded Aussie model would be about AUD$13,000 more than 2017 prices. Drop the exhaust and suspension and just maybe it will come in $7500 - $10,000 more expensive.
Our PP is not a complete PP. We don't get top sound system, blind spot monitoring, memory seats/mirrors and several other goodies a top spec MY16/17 USA pony has. Like i mentioned else were, our car is 3/4, not top spec.
Sponsored