Mustang got rear-ended at a stop light

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mustang got rear-ended at a stop light
probably < 5 mph

any recommendations for a collision repair shop in south austin?
other driver has Geico insurance
Geico has partnered with a few local chains that would make things easier, in theory. Or I can just take their estimate to a shop of my choice.

I have front & rear dash cams that I manually turn on & off
that I always turn on
except this time
sigh

I need to hardwire them
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I used a hardwire kit from The Dash Cam Store (online) to hardwire my cam. Turned out the package shipped from Far West, LOL, so I could have picked it up in person had I known they were local.

IDK about south austin repair shops. I can recommend Jeff's Auto Body on N. Lamar, but they're not in your part of town.

I would be careful going with any shop the Insurance is pushing, and just take a good shop that you know and trust. A good shop will negotiate with the insurance company to make sure the estimate covers all the needed work.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Dont use any insurance recommended shop!
Youll get fucked.
Dont go anywhere that doesnt have a wait.
No wait usually means they are volume crap shop.
Dont trust google ratings.
Jeffs WAS great but new owner/receptionist is a psycho and killing their reputation.
Nova lost their good painter and have heard multiple other shops redoing their work.

Anderson lane. Take them a dozen cinnamon rolls and cross your fingers and plead your way in. Dont expect he will take the work, but if you get lucky there are serious skills in that shop.

Austin Body Works. (South East Austin) Stan has at least a month wait for a reason.

OP
OP

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mustang has been fixed. At an insurance recommended shop. They didn't waste any time. Less than two days. Looks good to me.

It was an easy repair, as they just had to pull the bumper, inspect and repaint. No other parts required.

Shop is listed on collision.ford.com and is I-car Gold. Those may or may not be any better but I like that sort of stuff.

On a side note, i got a Challenger as a rental. V6 Auto. Drives more like an F150. I asked for a Hellcat or at least a 392 but they claimed not to have either one of those.
Sponsored