Sponsored

How long do you plan on keeping your Mustang for?

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I was planning on keeping mine until the C7 Vette becomes "affordable" in the used market, probably 5 years from now. From that point, I hope to buy the C7 in cash, sell the Mustang and use that money for a winter car.

Of course I've been seeing a lot of complaints on the C7 - torque tube issues, blowing engines, rattles. If the C7 doesn't pan out, no idea what I'm going to do as not many cars come with a targa top which is one of the big selling features of the C7 for me. Supra are getting too expensive...so few options.
Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
They way I see it there is always something better coming out. More, better, faster. So I typically buy something that is going to be appealing to the eye for years and fun to drive. I thought the 2015 fit that bill so I picked one up. Couldn't be happier.
Me, too, at least for now. We'll see what the S650 brings.

RJ

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on keeping my 2018 GT premium convertible until 2021 or 2022. Depends if I like the newly revised mustang :)

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Tough call, hard to tell. I would like to eventually convert this to an all out track slut with boost, roll cage, no rear seat, coils and serious brakes. I know I'll get another fun car for the street too but will probably keep this one as it looks so good. Im trying to figure out a good dd right now so I can slowly start the conversion.

Sponsored

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Unless something comes along that catches my eye I'm planning to hang on to our Mustang for many, many years. On average I keep a car about 10 years before replacing it. Given our Mustang is our play toy I'll probably keep it much longer than that.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
about 2 more years, dang seat feels like a lawn chair after a 5 hour drive.

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
A few years. It's paid off and just a weekend car so I'd like to keep it and buy a c8 vette whenever they come out.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I had planned on keeping this one (16 Premium gt guard with 3.55) until it was at least paid off. I have a habit of only keeping my cars a couple years until I get tired of them and something better comes along, but I'm not getting anywhere payment wise that way. But that would be 5 more years and I'm already playing with the configurator for the new mustang. Sucks that the price went up so much as I need to keep the price under 40k and hope to break even on my trade (which would must likely be another year or so). I do like the color I have since its rare and the turn signals in the hood, but almost everything else seems to be an improvement on the 18. If I do end up keeping this one for awhile, I'll most likely get at least a tune and intake. But don't want to waste money if I trade in early. What I really like about the new ones (besides the motor improvements of course) is the exhaust modes, rear wing (only available on PP, weird?), heated steering wheel, and the fact you can get a lot of the premium parts on a base. I may have to go that route, but just have to find out what all you can and can't get. The new trans sounds awesome too, but I kind of miss the manual in my current car sometimes, so have to wait and see if the new tranny has improved enough to consider going back to rowwing again. I'm really digging the new dark red color too and possibly the orange.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
FOR.....EVER.......:headbang::headbang:

IMG_20170802_192734.jpg

Last edited:

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Still trying to decide if I'll even stick with Ford. Ford and my local Ford dealer screwed me over as far as I'm concerned.

I've been a Ford fanatic since I got my first car at 16. A 1964.5 Mustang Convertible with K code 289 HIPO, T-10 4 spd. I've had well over 20 mustangs since then. Fast forward to my 2015 GT. 5th gear sync goes out at 3000 miles and Ford covers it. All is good cause shit happens. It was bone stock so apparently something was not right. Now at 6000 the clutch explodes.

My dealer took my car to fix it no questions asked. No mention about a chance warranty won't cover it and it would cost me out of pocket. I was never asked or gave permission to fix the clutch they just took it and said they'd let me know when it was ready to go. Well two weeks later I go to ask when my car is going to be ready because 2 weeks seemed a bit long. Then my service guy at the dealer starts talking about Ford asking them to take pictures because they were deciding whether the warranty was going to cover it.

I told the service guy Whoa. I was never told it could not be covered. If I thought it was going to not be covered I'd had it done elsewhere and a race clutch put in. Several days later they called and told me my car was done and ready for pick up. I got it no questions asked other than the service manager mentioning Ford was still "looking at pictures of the clutch". Two days later I get a call saying I owed $1,400 for the new clutch.

I was planning to trade in my GT later this year for either the GT500, if it was released, or a 2018 GT. Now I'm looking at Challengers.

Screw Ford. They screwed me as far as I'm concerned. And now I'm learning there were a lot of other 2015 GT owners that had trany and clutch issues.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
My next new Mustang will probably be the 2025
Sponsored