PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Yeah im worried the reverse camera line is actually to power a camera not to ground it. I will look at the reverse camera it self I might have to ground it manually perhaps stock its grounded by the radio.

That harness I dont see any where to connect the female side. It doesnt go to the unit it self

Random thought, when in reverse, does touching the top left corner of the screen do anything?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have any soldering set they can recommend? I've never done it before, but since that's part of the process I'd like to have everything ready when it gets here.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Anybody have any soldering set they can recommend? I've never done it before, but since that's part of the process I'd like to have everything ready when it gets here.
I'd recommend a hot air station as well. (Much easier to unsolder things around. Just my 0.02cts :D)

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Normal soldering iron, solder wick and/or solder sucker/vacuum...lots of tutorials on youtube about this.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Random thought, when in reverse, does touching the top left corner of the screen do anything?
No I touched everything.

You will never get them off if you have never soldiered before (and you will never be able to solder them back on). I think cutting them would be easier.

Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Um I must have missed it, but what do we have to solder or cut to install this unit?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Volume and Tuning knobs I believe...A/C controls remain.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It seems most of the pictures are now MIA in this thread. Can someone post up some installed pics to show what it looks like installed?

Pony4us

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'd hate to have to cut the knobs off if I for some reason there's to put the stock radio back together. I have done soldering before. I have a very good solder station that's programmable to adjust the temperature of the soldering iron and some where I've got the de-solder (vacuum) tool.

If you check all the threads most of all the pictures aren't working. :(

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd hate to have to cut the knobs off if I for some reason there's to put the stock radio back together. I have done soldering before. I have a very good solder station that's programmable to adjust the temperature of the soldering iron and some where I've got the de-solder (vacuum) tool.

As far as the pics, yep, I've seen that in all the other threads. Never understood why people host the pictures on other websites when they can be directly uploaded to the forum with a couple of clicks.

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)

I may be mistaken, but I think the volume and tuning knob just need to be de-soldered to get them out...no cutting...if I remember correctly from when I read this whole thread many moons ago.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as the pics, yep, I've seen that in all the other threads. Never understood why people host the pictures on other websites when they can be directly uploaded to the forum with a couple of clicks.
Because a lot of pictures exceed the maximum size for forum upload. My pictured average 4-6MB.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Because a lot of pictures exceed the maximum size for forum upload. My pictured average 4-6MB.
Gotcha, hadn't thought about that. I had gotten in such a routing of shrinking the files size of pics that I didn't remember that's why I got in that habit.

jpr1957

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Auto
It seems most of the pictures are now MIA in this thread. Can someone post up some installed pics to show what it looks like installed?
I resize my pictures to 1100 pixels wide so they fit the full width of the page. I save them at low resolution 3 in Photoshop. I upload them to this forum using the Attach Files function. I can still see all my photos in the early pages of this thread.

Here are a few pictures of the Secaine unit installed. The first one was taken back in March on a cloudy day. I was starting to create my home page.

The second picture was taken after dark a few days ago using an LED shop light held up behind my head. It shows my current home page. The third picture shows the top of the page of this thread on this forum.
IMG_3070c.jpg
IMG_3431a.jpg
IMG_3437a.jpg

Last edited:

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While it may have been a bit of hasty moderation, they're just protecting their site from mooching vendors trying to fly under the radar. The good news is, it's restored, and we can get back to sharing thoughts and ideas for the incoming radios.
Sponsored