Sponsored

2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
So last time I went to the track I ran pretty bad numbers and was disappointed in myself mainly. I was much happier with tonights results. DA was around 1000 all night. Car # 4001.
WIN_20170726_23_22_58_Pro-min (2).jpg
Sponsored

NeuroticGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Test engineer for OEM (if) isn't that against your contact to be on forums? Everyone I've dealt with say it's BIG NONO especially ones who do GOV work. Like calibrations for military diesel engines are National secret there LOL. We all know they don't have to meet emissions and low hp/tq that makes them live forever
I'm an engineer at Ford (though not in calibration). I'm allowed to be here. I can't disclose secret or confidential information. We all receive training on what is and isn't allowed.

NeuroticGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
The throttle body went from 80mm to 87mm so it feels like my throttle response has improved. This is a different car from stock since I installed the PP2. It feels like the engine is sucking in a lot more air now and it's a good thing. I'm not sure how else to describe it but the change from stock to PP2 has been a significant improvement for my car. I think Ford did good with the PP2. :thumbsup:

This is a video of me taking off from stop and hitting about 55 mph in under a 1/4 mile. Nothing extreme but I love how my car sounds! :D

Your older YT video from when you got your Borla cat-backs sold me on the S-Type. Thanks! :thumbsup:

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
So last time I went to the track I ran pretty bad numbers and was disappointed in myself mainly. I was much happier with tonights results. DA was around 1000 all night. Car # 4001.
This is Power Pack 3????!

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Please don't take this the wrong way, but that trap speed is quite low for those mods. In 3500 DA I trapped higher with a tune and intake.

There must be another factor ... Maybe the 3.31s aren't ideally suited to the midrange loss of the GT350 manifold?

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't tell you I didn't engineer it lol. But it is a ford tune so I wouldn't expect to much more out of it. I'm sure I will get it down to a 12.4 by end of season. Maybe bring it up to 115 with a super low Da. I saw someone post with the pp2 running a 12.0 with a 1.6ish 60ft at 115 so I think it's about the same as that just a different power band. But I could totally see a pro tuner squeezing out 118mph and a high 11 with a good 60ft.

Also I didn't run the tuning myself so I'm not entirely sure whether or not the dealership enabled the octane learn adjust which would cause the car to be a little slower. I think they set it up properly though based on the results and not having seen anyone else running the pp3 at the track. Maybe someone else can post some times up.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm an engineer at Ford (though not in calibration). I'm allowed to be here. I can't disclose secret or confidential information. We all receive training on what is and isn't allowed.
Are you hunting me down or something DAMN LOL.

I can't distributed Bulletins, Service procedures, T/S like print them off gave them out. But they don't care about wiring diagrams being printed, emailed or giving out to owners or other shops. Funny part I can get into Motorcraft Service by paying for subscription. Don't care if we talk about it but don't want owners or other with stuff on paper. Unless it prototype vehicle like super truck there working on. We where not suppose to see it at factory made us all sign paper LOL. That was last year and now it has been shown in Magazine

Last edited:

NeuroticGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Are you hunting me down or something DAMN LOL.
LOL. Nope. Just clarifying what Ford's policy is for employees with respect to forums and social media. Every OEM seems to have a different spin on what is/isn't allowed. I think ours is mostly common sense (which can be uncommon). Government contracts? Eeek!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
LOL. Nope. Just clarifying what Ford's policy is for employees with respect to forums and social media. Every OEM seems to have a different spin on what is/isn't allowed. I think ours is mostly common sense (which can be uncommon). Government contracts? Eeek!
Same with us. Something else to consider, Greg Banish writes books and sells videos on calibrating in which he discusses testing procedures at GM and/or Ford. Although a bit different he was also one of the people who taught a class I had to take on PCM calibration through the SAE CE program. NDAs only apply if I was here talking about the specifics of our deal. Educating people on what's going on in the OEM vs aftermarket is not against policy.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I ordered PP2 on Monday. You was talking about how different PP2 calibration vs stock. It will be very different mostly from GT350 throttle body on 5.0 intake. I wasn't afraid of Steeda CAI and I've had them in the past. I also got GT350 breather oil separators left and right.

Wonder if I have to bill myself for installing PP2 since I'm ASE certified :doh::D. I know just have to gave them my ASE number

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Same with us. Something else to consider, Greg Banish writes books and sells videos on calibrating in which he discusses testing procedures at GM and/or Ford. Although a bit different he was also one of the people who taught a class I had to take on PCM calibration through the SAE CE program. NDAs only apply if I was here talking about the specifics of our deal. Educating people on what's going on in the OEM vs aftermarket is not against policy.

Talking about PCM I wonder if Ford Racing Coyote power pak controller and 96 GT tach output the same. My brother will be Coyote swap into his 1996 GT. So many say its so hard to make stock cluster to hard. From my stand point no its not but so many just want plug and play. Seem to be afraid to hookup ONE freaking wire for the TACH.

Then he asks me if PP2 calibration can be put in control pak. I don't think so but I'm told calibration in control pak is something like PP2

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I ordered PP2 on Monday. You was talking about how different PP2 calibration vs stock. It will be very different mostly from GT350 throttle body on 5.0 intake. I wasn't afraid of Steeda CAI and I've had them in the past. I also got GT350 breather oil separators left and right.

Wonder if I have to bill myself for installing PP2 since I'm ASE certified :doh::D. I know just have to gave them my ASE number
Not sure what you're stating/asking? If you're referring to my statement about the differences? I was informing people that this isn't an aftermarket-like "toon". I attempted to screen cap them but there are too many differences as well as additions to the OS. Ford kept the GT350 MAF transfer intact (which is part of the reason it uses the GT350 TB) however the way they attacked the TB issues isn't GT350-like.
Not sure what the Steeda comment means?
Sponsored