Sponsored

2018 Performance Pack - A big step BACKWARDS

fstang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm a big Mustang guy, yet I was considering a deal on a Camaro SS 1LE last night and decided to wait for Mustang pricing. Looks like I can get the better deal with some rebates right now on the Camaro, instead of waiting 6 months for a car no one has driven. Which may or may not top the 1LE in performance.

A 1LE is about 45k while a comparably equipped Mustang is going to be $50k. The 1LE will likely hold its value better as well because it is a somewhat limited run car.

Seriously considering the Camaro SS 1LE now. And I was so excited for the '18 Mustang :frusty:
The 1LE is an amazing track car from the factory, don't ask me how I know.:D
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Forget the Camaro, I'll buy a 6.4 Challenger. The whole reason I was even considering the Mustang was how much cheaper it was for 95% of the straight line performance. The Challenger is more practical in almost every way and has a way better infotainment system. Still holding out hope that this is temporary pricing and Ford is using it to gauge reactions.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Prices

I said it before - All these goodies are going to come at a premium.
Bottom line - Ford is recouping their development costs on the new
engine / transmission plus all the other extras. ;)

I would wait until next fall to purchase a 2018 - by then prices should
down to earth for us common guys & gals to afford one. :D

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
the $3,000 Performance Pack already was lousy value, the new one makes no sense whatsoever anymore. $4K for a set of upgraded brakes. Gimme a break.
Lousy value??? The 15-17 PP is a helluva lot more than just some upgraded brakes.

Go price out what it would take to buy each piece separately and let us know how much of a lousy value the $2995 package is compared to what you get.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Lousy value??? The 15-17 PP is a helluva lot more than just some upgraded brakes.

Go price out what it would take to buy each piece separately and let us know how much of a lousy value the $2995 package is compared to what you get.
People are having an issue with no explanation for the significant price increase on the PP. Ford's economies of scale tells us they aren't paying close to retail for these item's that are included in previous PP and the 2018. A 30% increase in costs should suggest that if the items didn't change then the quality should have increased greatly in the items within the package. Or Ford is just claiming a much fatter cut on each package.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
People are having an issue with no explanation for the significant price increase on the PP. Ford's economies of scale tells us they aren't paying close to retail for these item's that are included in previous PP and the 2018. A 30% increase in costs should suggest that if the items didn't change then the quality should have increased greatly in the items within the package. Or Ford is just claiming a much fatter cut on each package.
I was just commenting on the 15-17 PP, not the new pricing. I feel the same saw about the price increase.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I built my 2018 to spec online and almost screamed in anger a few times. To get a black painted roof it costs basically 4,000 and if I want the PP I can't have the black painted roof. Um? And I can't just get PP, magna, and cloth Recaro in a base car, which I think would sell like hot cakes and it's not like there's some inconsistent harness wiring with that combination vs. others that would make it impossible to offer at a profit. Car companies really need to stop it with the "must have this package to get this minor little thing" charade. Frankly, I'd rather have a Camaro SS 1LE vs. the 2018, especially since the front sucks. At least I know it doesn't have an MT82! Ahwell... I wasn't going to buy a 2018 anyway. I need an f'ing pickup truck and used pickups with a billion miles are still insanely expensive because people buy them with 900 month loans and want to get their money.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I built my 2018 to spec online and almost screamed in anger a few times. To get a black painted roof it costs basically 4,000 and if I want the PP I can't have the black painted roof. Um? And I can't just get PP, magna, and cloth Recaro in a base car, which I think would sell like hot cakes and it's not like there's some inconsistent harness wiring with that combination vs. others that would make it impossible to offer at a profit. Car companies really need to stop it with the "must have this package to get this minor little thing" charade. Frankly, I'd rather have a Camaro SS 1LE vs. the 2018, especially since the front sucks. At least I know it doesn't have an MT82! Ahwell... I wasn't going to buy a 2018 anyway. I need an f'ing pickup truck and used pickups with a billion miles are still insanely expensive because people buy them with 900 month loans and want to get their money.
Packaging options together cut down on inventory expenses and allow other items in the package to justify paying for the R&D on the new items. If things weren't packaged together you could very well see each individual item increase significantly.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Packaging options together cut down on inventory expenses and allow other items in the package to justify paying for the R&D on the new items. If things weren't packaged together you could very well see each individual item increase significantly.
I understand that, but Ford does it in excess. What on EARTH does a black painted roof have to do with anything else?

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Increase more than the $4-$6 they already have?

No, this is Ford being greedy and stupid, and nothing more. This is bean-counters and investors demanding more $$.

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
That's fine and all, but the way they packaged them is ridiculous. Can't get the carbon interior with 401A. Can't get a memory driver's seat without getting all the electronic safety nannies. Can't get the mag shocks without the $4k performance pack. That shit is crazy.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

That's fine and all, but the way they packaged them is ridiculous. Can't get the carbon interior with 401A. Can't get a memory driver's seat without getting all the electronic safety nannies. Can't get the mag shocks without the $4k performance pack. That shit is crazy.
Everything always has been and will continue to be about the all mighty dollar. Screw the customer if the profits keep going up. Who cares right? :shrug:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Everything always has been and will continue to be about the all mighty dollar. Screw the customer if the profits keep going up. Who cares right? :shrug:
If Ford can make more per vehicle sold on fewer sales volume, coming out with higher revenue and EBITDA then financial it makes sense. They appear more lean and efficient as a company that way.
Sponsored