Sponsored

Glad I wasn't driving a convertible...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So that's what makes the offer so attractive. If this car was never hit, in it's current condition it would trade in for between 26-28k. So basically he's offering me blue book value for a car that will almost certainly never be valued that highly again.
Yeah I think what feels right to me is to move on from this car, get this other Guard 2016, and then not worry about whatever the future may hold with a Bullitt until next year. Swapping my car for one with no accidents, without any significant financial penalty sounds like a golden opportunity to have "my" car still, but without the bad history.
That sound to me like your true desire. Better get the $26K ASAP from the body shop guy and lock in on that Guard 2016 before it's gone. Maybe you can negotiate a better price on the used 2016 too.
Sponsored

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
That's probably a pretty good way to lose viewers. I'm sure someone would totally buy it, but it would probably leave a pretty sour taste in people's mouth.
Maybe true..If it were decently modded, I think it would be a different story. Thatdudeinblue's s13 is probably worth a freaking fortune.

I mean was there even a gofundme? :D

Matt is a cool guy and not trying to be a D-head, but it's just from my experience.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I decided that I'm gonna take the deal and sell the car to the body shop guy. He offered payoff which was $25,550 and I asked for an even $26,000 and he agreed.

Now the uncertain thing is which Guard 2016 I'll buy to replace. The one I was going to buy I found out as I was gonna put a deposit over the phone that some other young guy was in the middle of trying to work out a deal on it but couldn't get approved...so the dealer let him take the car home overnight to show his mom and try to convince her to co-sign...:crazy::doh: So who knows how the car is being treated at the moment.

Thankfully I found another Guard that I might be able to get for around the same price so hopefully it works out with one or the other.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
yeah, after seeing those pics im not sure why this is so hard for you to just take the money and get out of that car.

edit i see you did the right thing!

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Could always go for a neutral colored car if you find the right deal and then get it wrapped.

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I do really like Lightning Blue. Working a deal on a Guard 16 but if the numbers don't look good I have a blue 17 that's next on the call list. I just don't think I could get the numbers down low enough to have no negative equity in a year.

Sponsored

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
Matt Your YouTube Videos are Awesome !

(THIS Response is for the OP who started this thread. I assume everyone knows who he is. HAHA)

Matt,

I want to tell you that I LOVE your Car Reviews YouTube Videos.

You seem like a very polite and Normal person who does NOT act like a Caveman like some of the other guys on Youtube.

Even if you need to Criticize some things, you try to keep the response more civilized and non-threatening and not that aggressive.

I know that you follow a Script with your videos where you take a car on a straight path in order to Accelerate. I think this is the "highlight" of all of your videos.

Anyway, You act like a fun person who is non-threatening and it is nice to watch your videos.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER change your format about how you make your car Reviews videos. DO NOT CHANGE THIS. In fact, you should get some kind of Patent or Copyright about your video style.

I also like how you EDIT your videos. you try to show close ups of very specific things in a new car. Your videos are detail oriented.

OTHER car guys act like FRED Flintstone when they give a car review (Jay Leno Included) and they don't have the same finesse you do.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !! :first:

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
(THIS Response is for the OP who started this thread. I assume everyone knows who he is. HAHA)

Matt,

I want to tell you that I LOVE your Car Reviews YouTube Videos.

You seem like a very polite and Normal person who does NOT act like a Caveman like some of the other guys on Youtube.

Even if you need to Criticize some things, you try to keep the response more civilized and non-threatening and not that aggressive.

I know that you follow a Script with your videos where you take a car on a straight path in order to Accelerate. I think this is the "highlight" of all of your videos.

Anyway, You act like a fun person who is non-threatening and it is nice to watch your videos.

PLEASE DO NOT EVER change your format about how you make your car Reviews videos. DO NOT CHANGE THIS. In fact, you should get some kind of Patent or Copyright about your video style.

I also like how you EDIT your videos. you try to show close ups of very specific things in a new car. Your videos are detail oriented.

OTHER car guys act like FRED Flintstone when they give a car review (Jay Leno Included) and they don't have the same finesse you do.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !! :first:
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like the videos! A lot of others seem to be turning into vloggers because that's where the money is at, but I'm committed to sticking to the whole reason I started making videos, which is to help people find a car they'll love to own. Owning a car you really enjoy equals happier people which will hopefully equal a happier world in some way. Cars bring us all together. :cheers:

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I closed the deal on a new car and will be making a little trip this weekend to get it. I'm excited to be in a Mustang again a little sooner and get back to enjoying the summer in it. I'll post pics when I get back.