Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Pretty sad that Ford's "Performance" line-up is represented by 3 econo hatchbacks.
Says the guy with an old ass and anemic V6....they are a very popular segment these days and Ford is catering to the segment. Stupid business decision, right:doh:
Sponsored

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
really not loving the lower grille in any of these pics.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Damn the butthurt is strong here. Didn't realize you guys were so in love with the hot hatch scene.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Ya, especially since two of those are very affordable, a ridiculous amount of fun to drive and very practical. It's hardly a thing of what millennials want, it's what they can afford. I wanted another Mustang really badly but the price and insurance would make things difficult. Why bother with a Mustang that's going to cost a lot not just to buy but own, when I can have just as much fun in a way more economical car at an affordable price. Now I get to have fun in this car for a few years, then buy whatever Mustang I desire. Which may be this car. Hence I'm constantly on this thread.

It's genius for Ford to bring performance down to affordable levels. It gets buyers latched onto the Ford name and they end up buying more Fords. FCA or GM have nothing like it.
Sad that Dodge stop making affordable SRT cars, the Neon SRT was a hoot.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
A $42K RS is "affordable"? I think the ST's are in the mid $30K range, absurd for a ricey shitbox

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
A $42K RS is "affordable"? I think the ST's are in the mid $30K range, absurd for a ricey shitbox
Averaged price of a vehicle sold in the US is 35k. Not far off from 42k. Only the Mustang GT Premium and Premium PPs are above average priced vehicles. Except for the poor souls who pay way too much and don't know how to negotiate.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Many of the 20 RS's that we've sold where I work were in the $37K-$39K range. Most of the ST's we sell are in the $19K-$21K range. Very affordable, IMO.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Averaged price of a vehicle sold in the US is 35k. Not far off from 42k. Only the Mustang GT Premium and Premium PPs are above average priced vehicles. Except for the poor souls who pay way too much and don't know how to negotiate.
Equivalent of around $52k for GT Coupe Premium in UK, plus petrol prices about 2.5 times that in the US. You guys are getting a bargin!

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Damn the butthurt is strong here. Didn't realize you guys were so in love with the hot hatch scene.
It's hard not to when an ST is just as much fun to drive as a more expensive Mustang for so much less. I picked mine up so I could save to eventually order my own 2018+ GT, but sometimes I don't think I want to stop driving this little car. I thought only a Boss would replace my Mach 1, but no, it was a cheap little "ricey" econo box and I can't get enough of this car. :D

Who knows though, maybe building my own 2018 GT PP in triple yellow next week might make me change my mind. This refresh is a lot of what I hoped it would be.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's hard not to when an ST is just as much fun to drive as a more expensive Mustang for so much less. I picked mine up so I could save to eventually order my own 2018+ GT, but sometimes I don't think I want to stop driving this little car. I thought only a Boss would replace my Mach 1, but no, it was a cheap little "ricey" econo box and I can't get enough of this car. :D
I'd love to have a Fiesta ST or a Focus RS if I had the extra dough. I prefer the Fiesta as it is smaller, though. I wish Ford would put the RS drive train into the Fiesta. Smaller car, less weight, more acceleration! I also really wish Ford would produce ergonomic options on those cars. The F-150 and Mustang are designed more for larger man-sized people, but I have found the Fiesta and Focus to be uncomfortable, as if Ford assumes only smaller people are interested in small cars.
Sponsored