Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Depends on the camera. Some have a parking mode that has the options to shut down at a certain voltage so as to not flatten the battery beyond the point the car will still start. You also have the option to fit a dedicated backup battery for those so it can't flatten the car battery. Other more basic ones will only work when the car is on.

I currently have my F770 set to time lapse parking recording. That records 1 fps instead of the normal 30. I'm finding after ~8.5 hours the car battery is down to 12.4 - 12.3 volts. Still more than enough to start the car and that's with front and rear camera running. I'm still concerned by what it did a few days ago though but I've since learned the vehicle will actually disengage the battery at 11.8v so will have a further play around with it on the weekend.

keen to know more about this, my f770 is being fitted at the moment, i know on the f770 it can auto "off" once voltage becomes low, but im not sure how reliable this is..

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
has anyone installed on eof these units?
cheers
Hasn't been released yet - they have discovered some type of technical issue.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
keen to know more about this, my f770 is being fitted at the moment, i know on the f770 it can auto "off" once voltage becomes low, but im not sure how reliable this is..
I've only been confronted with a flat battery once and I'm pretty sure it wasn't dash cam related.

I do have the cut off set fairly high, though.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
There is new speed camera data available for the Thinkware (updated 03/07/17) for those who use it.

I turned it off as she was driving me nuts.

Sponsored

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
I consider it to be very reliable.

I have had mine for 2 months now and have had no flat battery issues. I actually sat in my car (engine off) listening to some music whilst killing time waiting for somebody. after about 20-30 minutes I heard her say something like "powering down due to low battery".

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a Blackvue DR650S-1ch for my 'vert, should arrive this week along with some fuse taps, a power magic pro and trim tools.

Overall I went with this due to being smartphone controlled, small and good parking features.

Had a guy nearly hit me by merging into me in stopped traffic on Sunday which was fun, at least I got to test out the horn. He was trying to fit a people mover into a less then 1m gap...

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
DCOA %^&# #@&^$* July compilation:

[ame]

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
So in the convertible you need to remove the sun visor to get the cable through the A pillar section, got all that done today and then found I bought the wrong fuse taps, grrr.

Oh well, they were $5, no big loss, just means no full hard wiring for a few days.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score